LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

With the 31st pick,

With the 31st pick,

I'm guessing with Reed gone, Baltimore wants one of the tops safeties at #32, so I say we grab him before they do.
We go DL at #34.
I'm confused...
BPA
the 49ers select Reggie McGrew, or wait no ..Rashaun Woods ....ummm ...no , Jim Druckenmiller ...ok ...ummm, let me think ...Dana Hall
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
the 49ers select Reggie McGrew, or wait no ..Rashaun Woods ....ummm ...no , Jim Druckenmiller ...ok ...ummm, let me think ...Dana Hall

All good selections but clearly the choice is either Kwame Harris or Kentwan Balmer...
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

All good selections but clearly the choice is either Kwame Harris or Kentwan Balmer...

And the problem with Dexter Carter is...?
it looks like our more pressing need is at S. DL moves are for the future but we need a stud out there to take goldson's place.
Would a great DL pick end up helping more than a great S pick?

I THINK SO!

DL BABY!!!! Fastest way to the QB is right through the Oline
Originally posted by English:
BPA

BORING!

Nah just kidding... I have to admit tho, with all of Baalke's mid-level moves, he's positioning himself very well to do just that, BPA
BPA BPA BPA

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
BPA BPA BPA

BPA between those 2 and BPA overall are 2 very different things
D-Line. It's a deep safety class so we can hold off until round 2 before taking one.
Anybody who thinks taking a safety in the 1st round is a good idea is a fool. Safety is one of those lower value positions.... like TE, ILB, OG, K. Aside from the rare athlete (Willis, VD, etc) these are not good value picks in the 1st round because there are so many guys out there that can play those positions well. It is far harder to find good DL, OT, QB, CB, etc. That's why you draft those positions early, cause if you wait you may not be able to find someone thats any good.

DL at 31. Period.

CB, WR, or maybe another DL at 34.

Ok, 61 might be a good place to take a safety.
Take a safety; we have freaking Dahl as our starting FS right now. He isn't even close to what Goldson was to our defense. Unless we get Namndi or Woodson draft someone for our weak secondary that our offense actually carried in the playoffs.
Jim's at BYU pro day right now. Ziggy anyone? Not at 31 of course, but with all their draft picks to maneuver whose to say. I mean he thought Kap was best QB in '11 draft, maybe he thinks Ziggy is the best DL prospect 2013.
Share 49ersWebzone