There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

would u be opposed to a "julio jones-esque" trade???

I'd love to get Sheldon Richardson - BUT we may have to give up too much.
If it's for Tavon im all for it. but if its for anyone else imma get pissed
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
What would it take to move up to 13-15 to draft Tavon Austin?

More than we're willing to give up.

To trade up with New Orleans at #15 valued at 1050 we have to Trade 49ers 1st (31st) 600, 2nd(61st) 292 & 3rd (93) 128 maybe a 4th/ next year 2nd
To trade up to #20 Chicago valued at 850 its trade 49ers 1st (31) 600 & 2nd (61) 292

Just a few options but at #20 I like
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
To trade up with New Orleans at #15 valued at 1050 we have to Trade 49ers 1st (31st) 600, 2nd(61st) 292 & 3rd (93) 128 maybe a 4th/ next year 2nd
To trade up to #20 Chicago valued at 850 its trade 49ers 1st (31) 600 & 2nd (61) 292

i read with our first two picks we can get as high as the 13 pick..
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

More than we're willing to give up.

.......and they would be?

Moving up to #20 works just fine with us still having the #34 pick and a top 20 selection.
Yes.... I'm looking foward to the draft. With 14 picks I feel we are going to trade up. Hoping its for Austin.... I totally agree fellas.

If we move up to get Tavon Austin, why not jus give the Giants our 1st rd for Victor Cruz.
Originally posted by jonr422000:

If we move up to get Tavon Austin, why not jus give the Giants our 1st rd for Victor Cruz.

cuz nobody wants to see that prick salsa dancing every week
I'd take him over Austin any day
I don't see a Julio Jones esque talent in this draft, so no.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM ]
In this draft yes, I would oppose it. There is no one that is really worth it like Jones.
There's no one in this draft worth the move. I can see If Baalke's man is there at 15-25 I'm sure he'll pull the trigger. He could very easily bag some high picks in next years draft by some deft trading.
The 2011 draft was STACKED. If there was a receiver in this year's draft who was as good as Julio, then I wouldn't mind trading up for him.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
If it's for Tavon im all for it. but if its for anyone else imma get pissed

This. I'd love giving Carroll and the seachickens an oh s**t moment.
I think I would be opposed. Every indication is that this is a very deep draft where the first talent to third round talent does not see a great deal of drop off. I just cant see mortgaging all of that talent for anyone when the guys available in the next round and even the round after that are only slightly lower rated physical prospects. What your really drafting on this year is intangibles. We need to go out and pick guys for their brains, attitude, and dedication...because 5lbs on the bench, or .05 faster in the 40 doesnt translate to a whole lot of difference once they are on the field.