There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tyrann Mathieu, Honey Badger

• krizay
  • Veteran
mathieu is a baller PERIOD! I would take him top of the 2nd to play safety and not look back. Screw the height argument. Yes he has character issues but thats why he'll be there at the top of the 2nd and not gone top of the 1st.

This is the one guy I want BADLY!
Draft him
I'd pull the trigger on him at any round....but then again I'm not a GM....
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Who is this guy? I never heard of him. Does he play football? Can he kick?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/163711-official-tyrann-mathieu-bandwagon-thread-2013-draft/

Wait he could not be the same guy I posted in this 15+ page thread could he?

LOL I didnt want him higher than the 4th or 5th in that thread either. I would be SO mad if we took this guy in the 2nd
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL I didnt want him higher than the 4th or 5th in that thread either. I would be SO mad if we took this guy in the 2nd

I think he is worth a 3rd round pick.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I think he is worth a 3rd round pick.

I think that is probably where he will go. I just would rather the Niners grab a corner like Trufant or Banks early. Mathieu is small, not that fast, did 4 bench presses, and of course has the off the field issues.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
this guy is getting attention now, i wouldn't be shocked to see him go in the 2nd.. had him going third before all this publicity for him came around.

No way on earth or heaven or hell will Mathieu drafted in the top 63 picks.
Originally posted by krizay:
mathieu is a baller PERIOD! I would take him top of the 2nd to play safety and not look back. Screw the height argument. Yes he has character issues but thats why he'll be there at the top of the 2nd and not gone top of the 1st.

You kraziy doe

I agree
Originally posted by 49Perspectives:

I agree

Top of the second? You cant be serious. Thats as bad as drafting a TE 6th overall.

There was talk about him going undrafted and I know theres some buzz about him now, but he wasnt the second coming of Ronnie Lott or Deion Sanders when he was in school. If you take him that high with his off field issues, he better be the next Darelle Revis.

And if you are that high on him at pick 34, you definitely dont want to wait so trading up is the only scenario to be sure you get him.

But he is going to rise on the boards... rise from a 7th rounder to the fourth. And he'll be a steal there.
I think that is probably where he will go. I just would rather the Niners grab a corner like Trufant or Banks early. Mathieu is small, not that fast, did 4 bench presses, and of course has the off the field issues.

I would like to convert him to become Whitners successor, he has safety experience his size wouldnt be as much as an issue in the safety position , hes good against the run, he has coverage skills and hes a hard hitter. I think it would work better then drafting him to play cornerback IMO.
He should be picked with our first third round pick.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
He should be picked with our first third round pick.

...and no sooner
Originally posted by LVJay:
...and no sooner

I like him with that 4th comp pick. Adding him and Lattimore in the 4th, would be my ideal gambling point.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home