LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

The Official Tyrann Mathieu Bandwagon Thread (2013 Draft)

This guy is going to be the truth when he enters the draft next year. I would gladly like to have him over Patrick Peterson or Morris Claiborne which looks like all 3 players could be drafted in the top 10 at the same position coming from the same school. I am ready to see this kid at the next level and this is coming from a Bama fan. I love his aggressive style on defense and would like to see him against top tier WR's in the big league. I seriously doubt he ends up in Red and Gold but where he ends up the team has a gem.

i would love him on our team. But no chance we are going to be able to pick him up in next year's draft with the 32nd pick maybe if he gets injured next season and his stock drops
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i would love him on our team. But no chance we are going to be able to pick him up in next year's draft with the 32nd pick maybe if he gets injured next season and his stock drops

I hope he gets busted for smoking crack LOL
My memory could be wrong but wasnt Mathieu the more highly coveted prospect at the beginning of the season and then Claiborne stole the show and rocketed up to the top CB available? Just from watching LSU the past couple seasons, Claiborne is my pick of the three solely because he is the purest cover corner but any of them would be great in our backfield.

Dont get me wrong, I would like Honey Badger to be a niner but he will go way before we pick next year at #32. (lol dammit someone beat me to it as I was typin)
[ Edited by 5280High on Feb 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]
Depending on how he performs this upcoming season, he could be all over the draft. Teams might be weary about his size and supposedly, the corner draft class next season is real good.
too early for this
did I hear my name??
Originally posted by valrod33:
too early for this

Thats like saying after Stanford beat VA Tech in the bowl game people were on the Andrew Luck bandwagon year before last. He is a great football player and seperates himself from the rest of the people at the position just like Luck.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
as long as he has a "good" year he will be a top 10 pick next year. Make LSU the first school in history to have 3 players from the same position drafted in the top 10 3 years in a row lol.
He's one of 3 players I hope the Niners get(the other 2 being Marcus Lattimore and Keenan Allen).

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
This guy is going to be the truth when he enters the draft next year. I would gladly like to have him over Patrick Peterson or Morris Claiborne which looks like all 3 players could be drafted in the top 10 at the same position coming from the same school. I am ready to see this kid at the next level and this is coming from a Bama fan. I love his aggressive style on defense and would like to see him against top tier WR's in the big league. I seriously doubt he ends up in Red and Gold but where he ends up the team has a gem.

too bad we'll be picking 32....
next year were talking a RB or S
Originally posted by 5280High:
My memory could be wrong but wasnt Mathieu the more highly coveted prospect at the beginning of the season and then Claiborne stole the show and rocketed up to the top CB available? Just from watching LSU the past couple seasons, Claiborne is my pick of the three solely because he is the purest cover corner but any of them would be great in our backfield.

Dont get me wrong, I would like Honey Badger to be a niner but he will go way before we pick next year at #32. (lol dammit someone beat me to it as I was typin)

Nah I think Manthieu was only like a 2 star prospect as a HS player. He surprised a lot of people though. Claiborne has always been looked at as a pure cover corner.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
next year were talking a RB or S

His aggressive play and ability to make plays/cause turnovers remind me of Ed Reed. Now I dont know if he can be disciplined enough to play FS. Teams could pick him just to play a Polamalu role in their defense.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I hope he gets busted for smoking crack LOL

Racist
Share 49ersWebzone