There are 265 users in the forums

49ers 2013 Compensatory picks

Use this pick on Lattimore

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
we got 3, you didn't paste picks 246-254.

ok. Just checked and we did get three. My bad.

no worries buck. just wanted to point it out. I have that happen lately with Twitter on my new Windows 8 laptop, won't past full text when copied. Annoying as hell.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows How did the 49ers get three comp. picks? Last year they lost: Blake Costanzo, Joshua Morgan, Madieu Williams; Added M Manningham. Which ...... makes you wonder how many comp picks they'll be getting a year from now.

We should get a 3rd pick for losing Goldson next year.
Originally posted by kawika13:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows How did the 49ers get three comp. picks? Last year they lost: Blake Costanzo, Joshua Morgan, Madieu Williams; Added M Manningham. Which ...... makes you wonder how many comp picks they'll be getting a year from now.

3rd round pick
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
no worries buck. just wanted to point it out. I have that happen lately with Twitter on my new Windows 8 laptop, won't past full text when copied. Annoying as hell.

I wish I could blame my computer's operating system; unfortunately, it is my personal operating system that screwed up.

Oh, well. Good news is good news.
Two picks in every round except the 1st. Good deal.
Originally posted by kawika13:

I will say the Skuta and Dahl signings likely wont count bad against us, even though we signed 3 and lost 4, our 4 we lost out way the 3 we got. Dorsey will have bigger impact. I would say a 3rd for Goldson, 4th or 5th for Jean Francois and Walker, and Sopoaga is marked out by Dorsey.
What about losing Adam Snyder Guard? He was a 3rd rounder. We shoulda got comped for him too right?
We should trade out for uppers next year like you guys are saying. you guys are spot on. Trade our 3rd for a 2nd next year, our KC 2nd for a 1st next year etc etc or maybe we should use 31, 34 and 61 but start trading in the 3rd and on??
He's forgetting Adam Synder. Doesn't change his point though!

Lost:
Dashon Goldson: 5 years 41.25
RJF: 4 years 22 million
Delaine Kanye West: 4 years 17.5 million
Sopoaga: 3 years 11.75 million

Signed:
Glen Dosey: 2 years 6 million (or is it 7?)
Craig Dahl: 3 years 5.25 million
Dan Skuta: 2 years 3 million

Dahl and Skuta's contracts are marginal and will likely be balanced out by whatever Gooden, Grant, Ginn, and/or Randy Moss. So Glen Dorsey is our only significant free agent signing that will count against us and even that is less than what even Sopoaga got. We'll likely end up with 4 comp picks, something like a 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th or something along those lines.

we should be drafting 2-3 DB's now.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
He's forgetting Adam Synder. Doesn't change his point though!

Lost:
Dashon Goldson: 5 years 41.25
RJF: 4 years 22 million
Delaine Kanye West: 4 years 17.5 million
Sopoaga: 3 years 11.75 million

Signed:
Glen Dosey: 2 years 6 million (or is it 7?)
Craig Dahl: 3 years 5.25 million
Dan Skuta: 2 years 3 million

Dahl and Skuta's contracts are marginal and will likely be balanced out by whatever Gooden, Grant, Ginn, and/or Randy Moss. So Glen Dorsey is our only significant free agent signing that will count against us and even that is less than what even Sopoaga got. We'll likely end up with 4 comp picks, something like a 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th or something along those lines.

All 4 of the FA's we lost will likely see significant playing time starting for their new teams. Our NT only plays 1/3 of the snaps, Dahl may be a backup and Skuta will play special teams.
I

I think this is all part of Baalke's strategy. He knows that he can get a draft pick for players that he can not sign. So it saves slots for future players, saves on salary cap, and gives more draft picks when he takes a hard like on paying a player what the Niners determine is the money assigned to that player. If they can go out in the community and get someone else to pay their price that is good, but the Niners won't. So we stay under cap, stay active in FA and have a fabulous draft, and win.
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Mar 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
What about losing Adam Snyder Guard? He was a 3rd rounder. We shoulda got comped for him too right?

The 3 we received were net losses. I believe they offset Synder with Manningham.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I

I think this is all part of Baalke's strategy. He knows that he can get a draft pick for players that he can not sign. So it saves slots for future players, saves on salary cap, and gives more draft picks when he takes a hard like on paying a player what the Niners determine is the money assigned to that player. If they can go out in the community and get someone else to pay their price that is good, but the Niners won't. So we stay under cap, stay active in FA and have a fabulous draft, and win.

Baalke is a genius and with so many picks, Baalke will strategically trade up and down the draft to find the best players who fit the 49ers needs and schemes. I wouldn't be surprised if we come out with a 2011 type of draft class.
Share 49ersWebzone