There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

best safety in this draft class?

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I want Rambo, guy is even compared to Goldson. 9ers seem to look for FS with coverage skill that can hit.

Rob Rang;
"COMPARES TO: Dashon Goldson, FS, San Francisco 49ers: Like the 49ers' standout free safety, Rambo has a tendency to make splashy plays as a pass thief and intimidating hitter but is prone to an occasional breakdown. If he can tighten up his game (and his off-field decision-making) Rambo has the talent to earn Pro Bowl consideration, just as Goldson has done for the 49ers."


prone to occasional breakdown scares me. Big plays killed us in the playoffs

Who is not prone to the occasional breakdown?

I get the vibe that Baalke is going to draft a Culliver/Goldson, a head scratcher that he plans on switching positions.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I want Rambo, guy is even compared to Goldson. 9ers seem to look for FS with coverage skill that can hit.

Rob Rang;
"COMPARES TO: Dashon Goldson, FS, San Francisco 49ers: Like the 49ers' standout free safety, Rambo has a tendency to make splashy plays as a pass thief and intimidating hitter but is prone to an occasional breakdown. If he can tighten up his game (and his off-field decision-making) Rambo has the talent to earn Pro Bowl consideration, just as Goldson has done for the 49ers."


prone to occasional breakdown scares me. Big plays killed us in the playoffs

Who is not prone to the occasional breakdown?

I get the vibe that Baalke is going to draft a Culliver/Goldson, a head scratcher that he plans on switching positions.


Someone like David Amerson?
Originally posted by artiga1:

Matt Elam...a little undersized but he hits HARD
Good post... I think we could use some height back there. Matt looks like London Fletcher playing safety.
Originally posted by Butter:
Someone like David Amerson?

Good call, played safety in HS. 6-1'' 205 good size, physical player.
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I want Rambo, guy is even compared to Goldson. 9ers seem to look for FS with coverage skill that can hit.

Rob Rang;
"COMPARES TO: Dashon Goldson, FS, San Francisco 49ers: Like the 49ers' standout free safety, Rambo has a tendency to make splashy plays as a pass thief and intimidating hitter but is prone to an occasional breakdown. If he can tighten up his game (and his off-field decision-making) Rambo has the talent to earn Pro Bowl consideration, just as Goldson has done for the 49ers."


prone to occasional breakdown scares me. Big plays killed us in the playoffs

Who is not prone to the occasional breakdown?

I get the vibe that Baalke is going to draft a Culliver/Goldson, a head scratcher that he plans on switching positions.


Someone like David Amerson?

I don't think Amerson can play Safety. He's TERRIBLE against the run. His skillset is much more inline with a corner. He's actually got great cover skills. The occasional coverage breakdowns don't signal safety to me. In fact, some of that happens on mis-reads and route fakes, which would be really bad for a safety. To me, Amerson is a pure corner.
I like Eric Reid based on his size and ability to fly around the field. He is really good in run support but his coverage skills need a little work on but hey don't every FS coming out of the draft need some coaching to polish their skills.
I think this will be a very good SS class and an average FS class, It is so deep there are guys in each round that could end up being good starters.

Kenny Vaccaro probably the best in the class.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Can't handle watching the angles he takes on the ball carrier. Actually awful
thomas is another center fielding safety. don't forget about boyett people-
Originally posted by artiga1:

Matt Elam...a little undersized but he hits HARD


sounds like another whitner...PASS
Originally posted by BermudaTriangle49er:
thomas is another center fielding safety. don't forget about boyett people-
This guy looks like a beast. Would love him in the 4th or 5th round...
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I like Eric Reid based on his size and ability to fly around the field. He is really good in run support but his coverage skills need a little work on but hey don't every FS coming out of the draft need some coaching to polish their skills.

I like Reid due to our coaching staff being able to coach guys up from day 1.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by artiga1:

Matt Elam...a little undersized but he hits HARD


sounds like another whitner...PASS

A little undersized, but i think this guy has the highest football IQ of the safety class. He can sniff out plays, and recognize when his own defense* breaks down.

Sure tackler too.