LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Cornellius Carradine

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He has a stupid name.

DO NOT WANT

would you feel better if we gave him a cooler nickname...how about cornelius "kung fu" carradine
Originally posted by BermudaTriangle49er:
Carradine has a developing frame with good muscle development, but still needs to increase his strength to combat the larger defenders at the pro level. He shows good quickness off the ball, along with above-average hand usage and lateral agility to slip blocks. He has very good agility and balance to play on his feet. carradine uses his hands well to protect himself from cuts blocks, but needs to separate and shed quicker when locked on. He can bend his knees and play with leverage, but is not real stout to anchor at the point of attack or to take on pulling offensive guards on traps. He has very good instincts and awareness, as he is quick to squeeze vs. down blocks. He has above average anchoring ability, but can still be driven back when run against. he is more of a factor on plays away in which he's quick to redirect and chase from the backside. He also pursues downfield with good effort and speed. He has quickness coming across the blocker's face and enough strength to collapse the lane vs. inside runs.- shows a good burst to the ball when working inside and the speed to chase down ball carriers. He runs well in the open, giving good effort to chase and pursue. He also takes good angles to the ball and has a good take-off on his pass rush. On running plays, he needs to square his base better, as he will turn his shoulders and get sealed off some at the point of attack. Still, he comes off the line with good pad level and body lean. He can burst around the corner with speed, loop through the gaps with quickness or bull rush straight up with power. He also shows a very good upfield burst and hand technique (good pop & jerk, rip, swim back inside) with the hip flip to get an edge. He can dip and bend the corner and has explosive acceleration to the quarterback when he comes free. Can also perform in a two-point stance as well as drop in coverage in some zone blitz situations. He's a solid tackler, aggressive to get to the ball and will bring his hips and unload on ball carriers. His biggest question is his ability to hold up at the point due to a frame that looks lean in the lower body. Still, he never gives up in pursuit, makes every effort to close rush lanes and has the sudden burst to make opposite field tackles. He has good burst to close and the body control to capture ball carriers in space. He makes some very big hits on the move and while he might not have the lower body strength to hold his ground vs. the larger blockers, he is superb in working on stunts and getting through the gaps. His speed allows him to reduce the pocket and he has shown the acceleration needed to come off the edge and get to the quarterback. He has good burst in his pass rush and can generate consistent pressure on the pocket. He has the burst and acceleration needed to work in space and changes direction as if he was a 225-pounder. The main thing he portrays on film is his aggressiveness and ability to play at a high intensity level. In a scheme that will allow him to stunt and play uncontested off the edge, some team could find a difference maker here.

Hey man, sorry to nitpick, but it's much easier to read posts when they're broken into separate paragraphs. When I see posts like this I just skip past them, I think most others do too.
So, you want to draft a 4-3 DE to play 3-4 DE.... a guy coming off an ACL injury.... in the 1st round?!

That's taking too big of a chance. He may not adapt to 3-4 DE, and he may not be the same player after an ACL tear. I would consider taking a chance on him in the 3rd round, but I expect a 4-3 team will value him higher and take him in the 2nd.

Pass.
Originally posted by BermudaTriangle49er:
Carradine has a developing frame with good muscle development, but still needs to increase his strength to combat the larger defenders at the pro level. He shows good quickness off the ball, along with above-average hand usage and lateral agility to slip blocks. He has very good agility and balance to play on his feet. carradine uses his hands well to protect himself from cuts blocks, but needs to separate and shed quicker when locked on. He can bend his knees and play with leverage, but is not real stout to anchor at the point of attack or to take on pulling offensive guards on traps. He has very good instincts and awareness, as he is quick to squeeze vs. down blocks. He has above average anchoring ability, but can still be driven back when run against. he is more of a factor on plays away in which he's quick to redirect and chase from the backside. He also pursues downfield with good effort and speed. He has quickness coming across the blocker's face and enough strength to collapse the lane vs. inside runs.- shows a good burst to the ball when working inside and the speed to chase down ball carriers. He runs well in the open, giving good effort to chase and pursue. He also takes good angles to the ball and has a good take-off on his pass rush. On running plays, he needs to square his base better, as he will turn his shoulders and get sealed off some at the point of attack. Still, he comes off the line with good pad level and body lean. He can burst around the corner with speed, loop through the gaps with quickness or bull rush straight up with power. He also shows a very good upfield burst and hand technique (good pop & jerk, rip, swim back inside) with the hip flip to get an edge. He can dip and bend the corner and has explosive acceleration to the quarterback when he comes free. Can also perform in a two-point stance as well as drop in coverage in some zone blitz situations. He's a solid tackler, aggressive to get to the ball and will bring his hips and unload on ball carriers. His biggest question is his ability to hold up at the point due to a frame that looks lean in the lower body. Still, he never gives up in pursuit, makes every effort to close rush lanes and has the sudden burst to make opposite field tackles. He has good burst to close and the body control to capture ball carriers in space. He makes some very big hits on the move and while he might not have the lower body strength to hold his ground vs. the larger blockers, he is superb in working on stunts and getting through the gaps. His speed allows him to reduce the pocket and he has shown the acceleration needed to come off the edge and get to the quarterback. He has good burst in his pass rush and can generate consistent pressure on the pocket. He has the burst and acceleration needed to work in space and changes direction as if he was a 225-pounder. The main thing he portrays on film is his aggressiveness and ability to play at a high intensity level. In a scheme that will allow him to stunt and play uncontested off the edge, some team could find a difference maker here.

Ultimately it depends on the effect the injury had on his his fitness. We have to be able to get disruption from him THIS year. Another pass rusher is paramount towards are quest but he has to be able to perform. I think he presents great value with our 2nd round pick or the Caro 3rd round. There's a pocket of pass rushers that will make it to the end of the 2nd. IMO I think we could pick up Margus Hunt, Carradine, Okafor, Jamie Collins, Sam Montgomery at the end of the 2nd and I think this would present the most value at that pick.
  • kent
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He has a stupid name.

DO NOT WANT

would you feel better if we gave him a cooler nickname...how about cornelius "kung fu" carradine

Tank Carradine is a pretty cool name for a DE in my book. 49ers would definitely still be looking for a QB of the future if names were a factor, though .
Tank Carradine would be nothing but a situational player for us, and not because of a lack of ability on his part. He is a tremendous edge rusher, but asking him to two-gap and play 5-tech would be a waste.
Olb to rotate with brooks and Aldon. A team can never have enough pass rushers.
Love Tank, but he played all of last season at 23 years old and is already 24. His age isn't a deal breaker, but I do question if he will ever be able to look as dominant in the NFL as he did this season at FSU. Being a 23 year old senior going up against 20 year olds is a lot different than being a 24 year old rookie going up against a bunch of vets who are 25, 26, etc.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Someone give a few names of guys that have better tape at DE then this guy. I don't think he even gets to us but you never know with injuries how teams value guys so maybe he is there.

I don't see us using any top picks on OLB though. I think we could to take a DE..corner..safety..wr...not OLB though in those first 2 rounds.
He looks like a beast. My only concern though is that he looks more well suited as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. However, he was 275 at combine and did do 28 reps on bench press, so perhaps this added weight and this demonstration of strength may mean he can transition to a 3-4 DE in NFL. He's a great pass rusher and if he can hold up at the point of attack as a 3-4 DE and stuff the run, he'd be a great pick. Imagine a 3-4 DE with great pass rushing skills. JJ Watt is the perfect example. Of course, Watt is 290+ however..

Originally posted by natrone06:

Won't draft a rotational olb that high. If we did draft him, it'd be as a 3-4 DE.

Tank could be good at OLB, although I question whether he is flexible and quick enough for the position. but if we are aiming for someone to spell Aldon and Ahmad, I'd take a chance at Jamie Collins in the 2nd.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Won't draft a rotational olb that high. If we did draft him, it'd be as a 3-4 DE.

I think balke would and he is strictly a 4-3 end or 3-4 olb.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Tank could be good at OLB, although I question whether he is flexible and quick enough for the position. but if we are aiming for someone to spell Aldon and Ahmad, I'd take a chance at Jamie Collins in the 2nd.

I see him in the form of Lamar Woodley mixed with Ware. I know crazy hyperbole lol.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Mar 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Walsh:
Someone give a few names of guys that have better tape at DE then this guy. I don't think he even gets to us but you never know with injuries how teams value guys so maybe he is there.

I don't see us using any top picks on OLB though. I think we could to take a DE..corner..safety..wr...not OLB though in those first 2 rounds.

His tape is as good as anyone's in 2012 but consider the following:

Tank is 3.5 years older than Damontre Moore and 2 years older than Alex Okafor. Imagine those guys playing ACC football at 23 years of age...
Share 49ersWebzone