LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

what about this draft trade ??

So I've been seeing people talk about Datone Jones could be gone by #31 .. So what if we trade #34 + a 4th round in 2013 a 4th 2014 N 2 7th round 2013 to get maybe 24 or 25 N get D.Jones then use #31 on J.banks? ?? Not sure how trade points work so I'm taken a shot here ...
Not a fan of trading up at all... the draft has a lot of good value at 31 and 34. Not sure we are that desperate to have to get any one player. If anything I would dangle 31 or 34 as both are prime spots for trade back and a lot of teams will give up a future 1st, maybe another 2nd or 3rd or 4th.
Our defense needs youth though N this draft has alot good defense players N D.Jones is someone we need we can't just keep stocking up picks yr after yr gotta use them
I would rather trade lower round picks for higher picks in future years. I don't think there's a lot of value in trading up this year, especially from 31 to 24 or 25. There will be similar talent available at both spots.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I would rather trade lower round picks for higher picks in future years. I don't think there's a lot of value in trading up this year, especially from 31 to 24 or 25. There will be similar talent available at both spots.

I tend to agree with your statement...I also trust Baalke and Harbs will/have targeted their type of player(s). Given our plethora of picks (14 w/comp) in this years draft we have the flexibility to make a number of moves. Personally, I would like to see a. Jesse Williams b. Datone Jones. With that said, next years draft should produce more high end talent. I see our situation as a win-win either way.
For sure Trent will move up, back and into next season.

The question is when. I'm a war is won in the trenches guy and Datone could be an amazing pick up. He paired with Justin would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

I won't, like many here, be surprised when Trent does the unexpected.
Datone is not going to be there at 24. His stock is soaring, and I'd be surprised if he falls outside the top 20. I think he might be closer to a top 10 pick than a 24/25th overall. Tremendous campus workout, great combine, outstanding Senior Bowl, and studly 2012 season. He's going earlier than most think.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Datone is not going to be there at 24. His stock is soaring, and I'd be surprised if he falls outside the top 20. I think he might be closer to a top 10 pick than a 24/25th overall. Tremendous campus workout, great combine, outstanding Senior Bowl, and studly 2012 season. He's going earlier than most think.

I was shocked when Cam Jordan fell out of the top 20 a few years back, so it could happen. I do agree though, Datone has aced all the pre-draft events so his stock has to be at it's high point.
We could package both of our 3rd round picks with #34 and move up to about 17 or 18. I would think that should be high enough to get Jones. I would do that too, since we'll probably have the comp pick in the 3rd as well.

If we could get Jones at 18, Banks at 31, a WR at 61, and a TE with the 3rd round comp pick.... I'd call that a great draft.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I rather not give up any of our 2nd rounder..

Personally I much rather give up our 1st (2013) and one of the 3rd, rather than any of our 2nd rounder.

In fact, I was thinking of packaging a deal with Buffalo for the their 1st pick and have us drafting EZEKIAL ANZAH of BYU!!

Originally posted by blm7754:
We could package both of our 3rd round picks with #34 and move up to about 17 or 18. I would think that should be high enough to get Jones. I would do that too, since we'll probably have the comp pick in the 3rd as well.

If we could get Jones at 18, Banks at 31, a WR at 61, and a TE with the 3rd round comp pick.... I'd call that a great draft.

Not sure about a comp 3rd round I've heard it maybe a 4th N a WR at #61 is a huge mistake with us needing SS/FS help no goldson N whitener a free agent next yr ...
Originally posted by 9moon:
I rather not give up any of our 2nd rounder..

Personally I much rather give up our 1st (2013) and one of the 3rd, rather than any of our 2nd rounder.

In fact, I was thinking of packaging a deal with Buffalo for the their 1st pick and have us drafting EZEKIAL ANZAH of BYU!!

Not sure about Anzah N tha difference between our 1st round pick 31 N our 2nd frm KC is 3 spots so I don't think it means that much N why I think we keep 31 is cause Jacksonville CBs suck N if banks is there at 33 I'm sure they would take him ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by blm7754:

Not sure about a comp 3rd round I've heard it maybe a 4th N a WR at #61 is a huge mistake with us needing SS/FS help no goldson N whitener a free agent next yr ...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I've been hearing that crap too much lately. Drafting a safety in rounds 1-2 would be a far bigger mistake. Plenty of good ones in rounds 3-5 (Rambo is one of my favs). Most of the good safeties in the league were either mid-late round draft picks or are converted CBs. Early picks like Whitner, Landry, Mays, etc often bust or under-perform. With Trenton Robinson waiting in the wings and Culliver able to play safety, we need WR help just as much (if not more) than we need safety help. And safeties are a better value in the mid-rounds.
It will be interesting to see what Baalke will do with all of the picks for he could conceivably trade up and get several quality players or one big one.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Not a fan of trading up at all... the draft has a lot of good value at 31 and 34. Not sure we are that desperate to have to get any one player. If anything I would dangle 31 or 34 as both are prime spots for trade back and a lot of teams will give up a future 1st, maybe another 2nd or 3rd or 4th.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone