There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post-Boldin plans; what's our cap space?

Boldin addresses what I thought was our most pressing need, and that's a proven complement to Crabtree. I've been back and forth on drafting a 1st or 2nd round WR (guys like Austin and Rodgers are certainly tempting talents), but I think this sets us up to hold off on drafting a WR until the later rounds.

If we can bring back Goldson as well, it's a perfect combination. Do we have to cut more people to make room? Who are some candidates? Haralson, bye. Rogers? Whitner? Restructure Justin?
Whatever it was, add $6M to it.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Possibly $7.531M, depending on which number you consider. Maybe the extra 1.531M was a roster bonus only. Either way, it's definitely a chunk of our cap space. I think it's official that Goldson will not be a Niner. Also, doubtful that Manningham will be either.

I guess we're taking advantage of the cap space without an albatross QB contract... Super Bowl!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Possibly $7.531M, depending on which number you consider. Maybe the extra 1.531M was a roster bonus only. Either way, it's definitely a chunk of our cap space. I think it's official that Goldson will not be a Niner. Also, doubtful that Manningham will be either.

I guess we're taking advantage of the cap space without an albatross QB contract... Super Bowl!

I think we absolutely have to cut Manningham. Paying him to continue his rehab and further hamper the development of Jenkins? No thanks. Still holding out hope we can find enough room for Goldson. Seems like cutting Mario and Whitner would do it.
Ugh don't know why we haven't cut haralson dude is a waste luvd tha manningham signing but understand if we had to cut him ...

Bingo
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

So your saying its. Whatever + $6mil?
Salary and cap pinned thread in NT.
maybe niners extend boldin to lower his 2013 cap #
Why do you even care. Don't you think the front office understands what they are doing.

Some of you folks must stay up all night worrying about stuff you can't control.
Waste of time - The FO has it covered.