There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kiper's 3/11 Mock, notes

Don't know if I'm allowed to post INsider links here.

He mocks Datone Jones to us. He's one of the handful of picks I'm hoping for, so I'm on board.

Interesting note is that he has 5 WRs and a TE in the first round; I don't think I've seen that many pass catchers in most mocks. Order: Patterson, Austin, Eifert, Hunter, Allen, Hopkins. I know many in here think the 49ers will/should target one of the top 8-ish WRs, as I've seen many mocks hoping Austin or Allen would fall to #31 or that Hopkins or Hunter would be available in the late 2nd. If the draft falls this way, I wonder if the 49ers would respond to the run on WR by snagging Da'Rick at #34.
I hope we don't waste a 2nd PR a 3rd on a WR our defense needs youth N help I'd luv to see us grab Marcus Davis in tha 4th N Brandon Kaufman in 6th or 7th round ...
Or, my preference, capitalize on the run on WR by taking other players that slid down the board....
Will my dream 31 N 34 picks would be Richardson N Rhodes but thatz a Madden type mock lol I'd be happy with Jones N trufant I know ppl want banks I like tha speed trufant brings N think in tha long run he'll be better ...
Haven't seen too many scenarios where Datone Jones drops to #31. Is there a trade involved?
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Haven't seen too many scenarios where Datone Jones drops to #31. Is there a trade involved?

No trade I think he'll last to 31 now that Seahawks are out of 1st round ...
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Well Kiper had him at #31. You could certainly be right that he won't be in real life. No trades in this mock though.
I like John Jenkins in the first and Margus Hunt in the 2nd
Datone Jones is coming to the 49ers damnit!

But seriously, getting Seattle out of the 1st round helps as they have similar DL needs as the 49ers do.
Originally posted by vicrod49:
I like John Jenkins in the first and Margus Hunt in the 2nd

Hunt is old I hope we don't waste a pick on him ...
Jessie Williams, Datone Jones, and best CB avaialble pleeezzz!!!!!!
Good call Phoenix.

Seattle out of the first round is a real plus. Getting Datone would be solid.

I still think Baalke has a surprise or two coming up.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Yeah...no. Safety trumps the need for a #4 or #5 cornerback. At this point, after the 49ers tendered Brock, I wouldn't be shocked to not see them draft a cornerback until the 4th round or later.

You have Brown, Culliver, Rogers, Cox, Brock. Where does another CB fit?

Meanwhile if Goldson leaves, the 49ers have Whitner, Robinson and Spillman. Its clearly which is the higher priority.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Yeah...no. Safety trumps the need for a #4 or #5 cornerback. At this point, after the 49ers tendered Brock, I wouldn't be shocked to not see them draft a cornerback until the 4th round or later.

You have Brown, Culliver, Rogers, Cox, Brock. Where does another CB fit?

Meanwhile if Goldson leaves, the 49ers have Whitner, Robinson and Spillman. Its clearly which is the higher priority.

I think we draft CB at 34 Rogers is old N after this yr will have 1 yr left on his contact N brown is a free agent next yr so we need to get someone N at 34 we can get a top CB I like trufant good skills N speedy
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call Phoenix.

Seattle out of the first round is a real plus. Getting Datone would be solid.

I still think Baalke has a surprise or two coming up.

yea i see us trading up at some point, good to know we will be picking twice before the seahawks even make a selection