LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 258 users in the forums

who will be baalke's surprise pick??

For the past 2 years, we have debated who will be our 1st round. in 2011, we wanted Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, and (for me at least) Prince Amukumara. Instead, we got Aldon Smith which surprised and even angered some of us at the time. Last year we were wanting Coby Fleener, Stephen Hill and Amini Silatolu. Instead we got AJ Jenkins and the jury is still out on him. This year we have many draft crushes like John Jenkins, Jonathan Cyprien, Tavon Austin, Leon Sandcastle , etc. But the way Baalke has drafted, there is a chance we might draft someone that no one ever expected. So who do you think has a chance to be that guy?
Lattimore at #34
Montee Ball in the 3rd
Sylvester Williams out of North Carolina and watch the 'zone implode under the weight of the "oh no Kentwan Balmer 2.0" lamentations.
Dustin Hopkins after a trade up to around pick 15 in the 1st. Boom.
Keenan Davis WR Iowa in the 5th round
Trade up to middle of 1st rd for... Eifert
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Not a surprise if predicted.

Leon Sandcastle if we can make a trade with KC for number 1. It may be a long shot for what they would want in return though. We could send them Tolzien in 2017 and this years sixth,
Alex Okafor

Originally posted by Wodwo:

nothing is truly a "surprise" anymore but there are players out there that very little expected us to pick.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

nothing is truly a "surprise" anymore but there are players out there that very little expected us to pick.

Sorry, I was a little harsh... I mean that as a ribbing.

It just struck me as amusing that you'd ask someone to tell you the surprise... which would kinda ruin the surprise.
I know who it is but I dont want to ruin the surprise.
WR Keenan Allen at 31 and DT Hankins at 34
trades up to get a third #2 and selects EJ Manuel.
[ Edited by 60sfan on Mar 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone