There are 181 users in the forums

Trade pick 34 for 2014 1st rd pick?

Trade pick 34 for 2014 1st rd pick?

If a team wants to jump up to grab a QB at the top of the 2nd, I'm in favor (big time) of trading that pick for a 2014 1st round pick, which from a team needing a QB, could be very high. Spread out our wealth from this year. It would put us in an amazing spot for next years draft
No, need an influx of young talent now. 31 and 34 give them a chance to add first round talent in the secondary and on the d-line.

Those day 3 picks should be the ones under consideration of being dealt for picks next season. Maybe the late 2nd at the earliest.
No thanks. This is, IMHO, a particularly "juicy" draft in the 25-45 range.
^ plus, sounds like we will already get a nice, extra draft pick from the Alex trade.
But we could be sacraficing a top 10 pick next year. If, say Buffalo, wants to secure Nassib at 34 and are willing to trade next year's pick, or the Jets are desperate to add new talent with Revis leaving and don't look at next year (as they may no longer be employed by that time), then we may even have a chance of securing a top 5 pick! The idea that we need NEW TALENT NOW is always valid! You can say that every year. We're arguably the most talented team in the league and are holding 15 draft picks--with as many as 6 in the top 100! If this isn't the year to trade away an early pick, then when is? You must think about the future, not just the now. This could be a matter of Kwan Short now vs. Clowney in 2014 (I know that's a long shot).
I could see the 49ers trading their 4th for 6 th 2013 and a 3 rd round 2014 a 5th for 7th 2013 and 4th 2014 a 6th for 5th 2014 two 7 th rounders for 2 6 round picks 2014
[ Edited by SSF49er on Mar 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM ]
You have to get more than just a future 1st rounder for the 34th pick in the draft.
Im all for it. I want to acquire as many picks as possible next year so we can trade them all for Clowney
In thats case it would be better to trade our 1st round for a 2ND 2013 and 1at 2014 I think that's what we did for staley
I'd trade our 2nd - 63 (I think)

Depends on whose available.
Originally posted by SSF49er:
In thats case it would be better to trade our 1st round for a 2ND 2013 and 1at 2014 I think that's what we did for staley

No we didn't. We traded next years first for Staley, and our 2nd for next year's first (to the Colts). With the colts pick we drafted Kentwan Balmer.
Originally posted by dhp318:
You have to get more than just a future 1st rounder for the 34th pick in the draft.

No, you really don't. 2014 1st is very generous and a team would do it only if they really love a QB who is available. That's more than a fair price
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Im all for it. I want to acquire as many picks as possible next year so we can trade them all for Clowney

LOL! Like your thinking
Well in about 50 days or so we will find out Baalke will do with this pick and how he will handle the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone