There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

IDEAL MOCK OFFSEASON -- Add: Harvin, Amendola // Draft: Hunt, Cyprien, Da'Rick

RELEASE: Goldson, Moss, Ginn, Akers, L. Davis, Haggans, Sopoaga, Brock
TAG: Walker
RE-SIGN: RJF, Grant, Gooden, McBath
FA SIGNINGS: Cullen Jenkins, Danny Amendola
TRADE: 1st and 3rd (2nd of the 2) Round Draft Picks for Percy Harvin

DRAFT:
2nd: M. Hunt (DL)
2nd: J. Cyprien (SS)
3rd: Da'Rick Rogers (WR)
4th: D. Gratz (CB)
5th: Z. Dysert (QB)
5th: T. Mathieu (CB)
Package Remaining Picks to Move-Up and get best Kicker avail and take late round flyers: D. Hopkins (K)

That would be quite a haul.

Imagine adding Amendola AND Harvin AND Da'Rick Rogers to go with Crabtree on that offense!!!

The defense would also be rejuvenated and on the right track for the future.
Thank GOD you are not the GM. You are going to pay a back up TE 5 million dollars, along with VD 7 million. Then you trade away a first and third round draft pick for Percy (i am injured and have a migraine Harvin) and oh by the way I want top WR money or it is a one year deal. Amendola also would want big $$$, and Crabtree is due next year. The team cannot afford Amendola, Harvin and Crabtree.

With the rookie wage scale, GM's covet top 100 picks, it is cheap labor for four years.

You could draft a TE and WR for picks 31 and 3A.
Sign Harvin to 4-yr deal with laden with playing-time stipulations. $10-11m per year;
Amendola will not command big deal because he hasn't been healthy long enough;
Walker tag is due to not wanting to spend high pick this year on TE. Would release next year
You don't franchise back up tight ends. D line could use more help as well.
[ Edited by English on Mar 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM ]
You would be adding Cullen Jenkins and Margus Hunt -- Dobbs & Williams are coming back from season-ending injuries and hopefully J Smith is healthy for the year. That's four additions and a health Justin Smith to a team that was a play or two from winning it all.
Originally posted by cptn12am:
You would be adding Cullen Jenkins and Margus Hunt -- Dobbs & Williams are coming back from season-ending injuries and hopefully J Smith is healthy for the year. That's four additions and a health Justin Smith to a team that was a play or two from winning it all.

Not convinced about Williams or Dobbs and you have lost Sopoaga. Hence my comment. Without Smith the D line was an non starter.

Is there something in the water today that makes people want to franchise Walker? The guy is a back up with a real dropsies problem. Personally don't think he will be back but franchised! No.
Originally posted by cptn12am:
Sign Harvin to 4-yr deal with laden with playing-time stipulations. $10-11m per year;
Amendola will not command big deal because he hasn't been healthy long enough;
Walker tag is due to not wanting to spend high pick this year on TE. Would release next year

Line by line.

1. 40 million to 44 million for Percy Harvin, along with giving up a 1st and 3rd round draft picks Those draft picks carry a high value because it is cheap labor for four years.
2. Amendola will not command a big deal?? I am sorry I am still laughing.
3. Again you are going to 5.2 million to a player who is a back up. A TE can be had in rounds 1-4 that can and will replace Walker. Jordan Reed comes to mind, Kasa from Colorado, Fauria from UCLA, Dion Sims Michigan.
Adding Harvin and Amendola.. unrealistic.
Sorry. This could not be further from ideal.
Originally posted by cptn12am:
Sign Harvin to 4-yr deal with laden with playing-time stipulations. $10-11m per year;
Amendola will not command big deal because he hasn't been healthy long enough;
Walker tag is due to not wanting to spend high pick this year on TE. Would release next year

Love the idea of trading for 24 year old Harvin. The rumors the 49ers were interested came from credible sources.

Before Harvin hust his ankle he was being considered as an MVP candidate.

But he won't get 10-11 million per just yet doesn't have the numbers IMHO.

I have been following the Vikings despite Minnesota saying they don't want to trade Harvin strong rumors they would move him for the right offer.
Amendola -- 3 years $19M

Main reason to franchise Walker is his versatility and wanting to have continuity on offense.. That certainly isn't a critical element.
Dude, I appreciate the ambition, but this is crazy. Dropping Akers and trading Smith brings us to $13 million under the cap (all of the other players you "release" are already FAs). You burn that $ up with just Amendola and Walker. You don't have cap space remaining for Jenkins, Harvin (even on his rookie contract), our FAs, the draft class, or any injury replacements. We also do not throw the ball enough to get Harvin, Amendola, Crab, and Davis enough touches to make them worth the money, anyway. I'm not even sure this would work on Madden.
Is the cap 223 million instead of 123 million?

This comes across like Steinbrener loading up the Yankees to win the World Series. This roster would be completely turned over within two season because of the money committed to these free agents. It's just not a sound way to build a team.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Line by line.

1. 40 million to 44 million for Percy Harvin, along with giving up a 1st and 3rd round draft picks Those draft picks carry a high value because it is cheap labor for four years.
2. Amendola will not command a big deal?? I am sorry I am still laughing.
3. Again you are going to 5.2 million to a player who is a back up. A TE can be had in rounds 1-4 that can and will replace Walker. Jordan Reed comes to mind, Kasa from Colorado, Fauria from UCLA, Dion Sims Michigan.


In the era of the salary cap, ESPECIALLY with the new CBA, draft picks are pure gold. ESPECIALLY rounds 1-3.

Throwing away those draft picks for the privilege of spending big money on a player you can't afford? It would be less damaging to our team to throw a hand grenade in the locker room after a game.
I guess you youngster never heard of salary caps. LMAO

I don't know when u became a 49er fan but if you've been a fan for at least a few years, you would've noticed the 49ers turned the ship around by NOT SIGNING OVERPAID free agents. We build from within!!
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM ]