There are 164 users in the forums

Schefter: Manziel likely to declare next year

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

In Sunday Conversation with @KirkHerbstreit, @JManziel2 sounded like this will be his last year at A & M and he'll be in the 2014 NFL draft.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If he plays like last year, he should.
he strikes me as just a college QB. but dam that guy can run
Great Player in the NCAA at his position but I do not think he will be playing QB in the NFL. I love watching him play though and maybe he proves my theory wrong but this guy can ball.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

Will Johnny Football be a great pro? Time will tell but that little dude is fun to watch! Great for CFB
I think he can be a special player in the NFL. Usually players like him can't through for s**t but he actually has a pretty nice arm. Should be interesting to see him next season.
Mariota will be a better pro, guarantees!
He is really fun to watch. If he produces like last year he will go number one over all. He really does throw a solid ball and the wheels are outstanding. I hope he gets the right system and the kind of coach that will develop him properly for the NFL. Problem being usually the team in a position to pick number one has none of those things in place. He might actually be better off in the long run if he regresses a little this year..increase the chances he goes somewhere that will take care of him better.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
He is really fun to watch. If he produces like last year he will go number one over all. He really does throw a solid ball and the wheels are outstanding. I hope he gets the right system and the kind of coach that will develop him properly for the NFL. Problem being usually the team in a position to pick number one has none of those things in place. He might actually be better off in the long run if he regresses a little this year..increase the chances he goes somewhere that will take care of him better.

So, he's a raider or a jet? Poor guy. At least he can win a few more games in his lifetime before his career is ruined.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN

ESPN will televise Texas A&M spring game April 13 at 2 p.m. CT - pending, of course, Johnny Football's online class schedule

He is overrated. Normally I'd say he would bust in the NFL, but actually I think Kaepernick's success makes him valuable and shows that teams can adjust an offense to really fit a player. Him in a pistol offense would be very interesting. If it wasn't for Kaep, if he came out after a year I think he would be looking at 3rd-4th round grade. Because of Kaep, he could merit a 1st round pick.....Philly anyone?

However, I still don't have high hopes for him in the NFL unless he shows some rapid improvement as a passer.
Played in the same system that produced Case Keenum. Only difference is Manziel is a way better runner.
Marcus Mariota is going to win the Heisman and be the #1 overall pick next year

Share 49ersWebzone