There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

After much trolling: the 1st ESWYoung08 Mock Draft

Do not cut Haralson. His absence hurt our OLB-DE rotation in the long run. While he is not a great passrusher he is a solid backup, and has vastky improved against the run.
Niners are pretty good at taking a roll with guys with injuries that made people stay away. Sapolu, f*gan...even Gore.
Really, really like.

But I think the team needs a Justin Smith understudy THIS YEAR.

Propose: Margus Hunt at 2b (possible that he's there). Slide everyone else down one spot. Take Lattimore out (if everyone else slides - otherwise you could leave him in and drop the guy who doesn't slide). Honestly, I think like to see a TE take his position. What do you think of Kelce?

I think that the team would really benefit from having a big, reliable pass catching tight-end. Perhaps something could alternatively be done through free agency. Fasano? Although he's not killa.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Do not cut Haralson. His absence hurt our OLB-DE rotation in the long run. While he is not a great passrusher he is a solid backup, and has vastky improved against the run.

I agree. I was going to put in Hodges OLB from Penn State to replace him, but the more I think about it the more I realize we need veteran depth at that position when it comes to coverage responsibilities. In my next mock, I'll keep Haralson. We would need to restructure a few contracts to make it work realistically though.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Really, really like.

But I think the team needs a Justin Smith understudy THIS YEAR.

Propose: Margus Hunt at 2b (possible that he's there). Slide everyone else down one spot. Take Lattimore out (if everyone else slides - otherwise you could leave him in and drop the guy who doesn't slide). Honestly, I think like to see a TE take his position. What do you think of Kelce?

I think that the team would really benefit from having a big, reliable pass catching tight-end. Perhaps something could alternatively be done through free agency. Fasano? Although he's not killa.

I feel like all the Justin Smith under study's will be gone. Baalke has also gone after very young players each draft. Aldon Smith and Anthony Davis most notably. I do think we could survive if we did slide everyone down one and pick up Hunt. The thought of Hunt adding another 30lbs of muscle through NFL conditioning is scary.
OK, you did a great job, but you missed a few things.

1. You do not mention Walker, so I am assuming he is gone. I would draft his replacement at 2A pick 34, as the TE sees over 50% of the snaps. This is assuming Eifert or Ertz is there, if not, then go best 3-4 DE.

2. If you are resigning Sopoaga- who only saw 30% of the snaps as a NT, I would not put a premium at NT, Sopoaga and Ian Williams and a low draft pick is all right. Justin Smiths protege is needed. Pick 31, best 3-4 DE, Margus Hunt, Datone Jones one should be available.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Me likey. I really hope we get lattimore. If he gets fully healthy, he could be Adrian Peterson good!

I completely agree with this. The fact that the 49ers have the ability to let him "redshirt" this season is a total bonus for what they could yet. I'm not all that worried about his knees. Frank was in the same position coming out of the U and he turned out pretty ok.
no way we pick all those guys
limit your picks to 8 or 9
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I like this mock a lot.

The only thing I take issue with is the Lattimore-AD comparison. Lattimore and Peterson don't really have similar styles. Lattimore is strictly a between-the-tackles back with great vision and one-cut ability. Peterson is far more explosive with way more of a home-run dimension.

Lattimore, even with the injuries, is a little overhyped in my opinion. Averaged under 5 ypc at South Carolina for his career. Eddie Lacy, for comparison's sake, averaged about 7 for his career. Obviously a lot of that has to do with their respective offensive lines, but I just don't see much big play ability from Lattimore.

All that said, I think Lattimore will be a very solid NFL back, despite the injuries, and I'm down to take him in the late 3rd. I just don't think he's the game changing player that people think he is at the next level.
Eddie Lacy for all intents and purposes is already running behind an NFL offensive line. Not to take anything away from him, but that does partially account for the high ypc.
I like your Rogers and Lattimore picks.
I think if you let Delainie walk you have to go TE higher than fifth and have concerns about OLB depth with your picks. Otherwise I am on board.
Originally posted by AZ_9ers:
This draft doesn't cover the depth at the OLB position that's already weak with Haralson being cut. Do you believe that Fleming and Johnson can step in and fill this position, or do you think the Niners address the position in free agency?

probably gonna see what Darius Fleming can do. Though, im wondering if they go for that guy from Florida State. Brandon something, i forgot his last name. I wanna say its brandon washington though