There are 228 users in the forums

SUCKAFREE17'S MOCK OFFSEASON AND DRAFT

Overall, I think you're pretty much on target...agree, we need to get two DL "bigs", though...no issue w/Short, but need another stud who can play both inside and out. Doing so would partly preclude keeping Sopoaga. I just think he's on the verge of going downhill. Definitely sign a vet...Starks would be my choice, but could be somewhat pricey. There are others out there...DeVito, Jason Jones, Sammie Lee Hill, Roy Miller, etc. Drafting 2 bigs and signing a more versatile vet means Sopoaga's done. One thing missing is a QB...Josh Johnson can return to b/u Kap, but methinks Harbaugh would want a rookie to develop. Overall, nice job.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Is Da'Rick available that late? He is one of those guys I cant get a pulse one. Seems like this is the lowest I have seen him drafted.

He was booted from Tenn b/c of failed drug test. Now a days team seem to weight "Character" issues heavily. I think he slips and is already a 2nd round type talent, so I was guessing he may be availible there.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Overall, I think you're pretty much on target...agree, we need to get two DL "bigs", though...no issue w/Short, but need another stud who can play both inside and out. Doing so would partly preclude keeping Sopoaga. I just think he's on the verge of going downhill. Definitely sign a vet...Starks would be my choice, but could be somewhat pricey. There are others out there...DeVito, Jason Jones, Sammie Lee Hill, Roy Miller, etc. Drafting 2 bigs and signing a more versatile vet means Sopoaga's done. One thing missing is a QB...Josh Johnson can return to b/u Kap, but methinks Harbaugh would want a rookie to develop. Overall, nice job.

Correct, we would still need to bring in a few guys to compete for a spot and I do like Sammie Lee Hill. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Glen Dorsey but he'll probually demand too high of a price tag. We'll have to bring in another QB as well; 4 guys to compete for 3 spots. The late round picks I left as "Best player avalible" at which time we could bring in another big body and a QB. We could pass on Sio Moore and select another DLineman but I felt he'd be a great value at that spot. Thanks for your reply
Originally posted by PTulini:
I love picks #31 (Short), #34 (Ertz), #74 (Rogers) #4B (Vernon), and #5A (Hopkins).

I don't think we need another RB, so I would suggest swapping Monte Ball for another D-linemen. Also, swap Sio Moore for a guy like CB Darius Slay (if available).

I saw Monte Ball as a saftey net and value at that spot. There are some good DBs in this draft. Sio Moore was also a value pick and could possibly beat out Flemming or Cam Johnson next year. Pass rush is our biggest need in the draft I felt. Aldon on one side and pressure from the interior as well will make our back half look a lot better. Especially concidering our safties love to take chances.
This is the first mock I've seen where someone has the right mind to resign Isaac Sopoaga good job!!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by suckafree17:
I love picks #31 (Short), #34 (Ertz), #74 (Rogers) #4B (Vernon), and #5A (Hopkins).

I don't think we need another RB, so I would suggest swapping Monte Ball for another D-linemen. Also, swap Sio Moore for a guy like CB Darius Slay (if available).

I saw Monte Ball as a saftey net and value at that spot. There are some good DBs in this draft. Sio Moore was also a value pick and could possibly beat out Flemming or Cam Johnson next year. Pass rush is our biggest need in the draft I felt. Aldon on one side and pressure from the interior as well will make our back half look a lot better. Especially concidering our safties love to take chances.

I think we can keep Soap at NT. I think the more immediate need is for an eventual successor to Cowboy. This is probably going to be his final year with us.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersss:
31. Datone Jones, DE
34. Desmond Trufant, CB
61. Margus Hunt, DE
74. Justin Hunter of Da'Rick Rogers, WR
93. Phillip Thomas, S

This is assuming we stay at where we are on those picks, though I hope we'll package some and move up in the first round to pick an immediate-impact player, and then package away our later picks for draft picks next year.

Perfect!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by suckafree17:

I think we can keep Soap at NT. I think the more immediate need is for an eventual successor to Cowboy. This is probably going to be his final year with us.

Don't forget that Ray Mac has been playing pretty well for us. Tomsula coached him at the senior bowl and raves about how underatted he is
Share 49ersWebzone