LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Jonathan Cyprien BANDWAGON

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Im on board whether we lose Goldson or not

I agree. I think the best option would have been to tag Goldson again and draft this kid to spell both Goldson and Whitner. I think we're saying farewell to Goldson though.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I agree. I think the best option would have been to tag Goldson again and draft this kid to spell both Goldson and Whitner. I think we're saying farewell to Goldson though.

Truthfully, I'd be down for them drafting Cyprien AND JJ Wilcox. Those are two young safeties with really high ceilings. That could end up being the safety combo of the future for the 49ers, replacing Goldson this year and Whitner next year.
I'm sorry but I think this guy is vastly overhyped on here. I am not saying we should not pick him or he will not pan out but I just think he is just really overhyped.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I'm sorry but I think this guy is vastly overhyped on here. I am not saying we should not pick him or he will not pan out but I just think he is just really overhyped.

I agree other than Vaccaro, Eric Reid is the only other FS that is ready to start imo. Cyprien needs a good Pro day he was hurt at the combine but still prefer Eric Reid he goes for the football & causes turnovers
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
test
[ Edited by KID9R on Mar 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Test
[ Edited by KID9R on Mar 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

I agree other than Vaccaro, Eric Reid is the only other FS that is ready to start imo. Cyprien needs a good Pro day he was hurt at the combine but still prefer Eric Reid he goes for the football & causes turnovers

I agree as well

I agree as well

+1

He's ranked as late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder, how exactly is he "vastly overhyped" here? It would also be helpful about what particular aspects you don't agree with, clearly there's something you don't like about the guy, it always helps to elaborate.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's ranked as late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder, how exactly is he "vastly overhyped" here? It would also be helpful about what particular aspects you don't agree with, clearly there's something you don't like about the guy, it always helps to elaborate.

It's not that I dislike the guy but I do not see him as a first round prospect at all. I can possibly seeing him slipping in the second but I have tried to do my research on him and I just do not see how he is ranked so high on here. I am just expressing my opinion and other than the senior bowl I just do not see too many games he made me believe he is a first round prospect. I got him as a 3rd. I have nothing against the guy but I am just a fan so what do I know.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I like JJ Wilcox as a good prospect to replace Whitner but I prefer Eric Reid over Cyprien
It's not that I dislike the guy but I do not see him as a first round prospect at all. I can possibly seeing him slipping in the second but I have tried to do my research on him and I just do not see how he is ranked so high on here. I am just expressing my opinion and other than the senior bowl I just do not see too many games he made me believe he is a first round prospect. I got him as a 3rd. I have nothing against the guy but I am just a fan so what do I know.

Yes, he's not a sexy name like Vacarro or Reid but he's arguably got a higher ceiling than either of those guys. He's a tremendous talent, highly athletic, physical, I see him as the 2nd best safety in this draft. He also fits the Baalke MO of drafting high-potential guys.
I like JJ Wilcox as a good prospect to replace Whitner but I prefer Eric Reid over Cyprien

See Cyprien as having a higher ceiling than Reid. I see Reid as much more conventional, what you see is what you get, guys like Cyprien and Wilcox are only scratching the surface of their true potential.

I'm far more comfortable with Reid up near the line of scrimmage, he's a money tackler whereas Cyprien has a tendency to go high and miss tackles as a result. Conversely, I'm more comfortable with Cyprien in the deep part of the field, he seems to have better lateral movement and agility.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]
Also, another guy to look at is DJ Swearinger of South Carolina. He's definitely in a "buy low, sell high" kind of position after running a bad 40 at the Combine. He'll fall off somewhat but on the football field, he's a heck of a football player and a monster hitter.
I like cyprien more than reid swearinger or wilcox. He misses tackles but so do the rest of these guys. Swearinger isnt very strong in coverage. Hes a good tackler but he lunges.and gets a lot of penalties. Cyprien is a great deep fielder. He reads the qb and can make a play on the ball. His tackling is actually pretty good but it needs work. He actually has the highest celing if he can stay focused refine his ability. Seach Johnathan cyprian vs Louisville for a good display of his talents.
Share 49ersWebzone