LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Da'Rick Rogers in Round 2?

Originally posted by captain_planet:
I know he's a tall big target guy and not expected to be super quick, but I noticed he had the slowest 10-yard split of any receiver at the combine.
That's slightly worrisome to me.

it would be for a small guy but he uses his hands very well. Not tot mention with Kaep at qb he'll only need a half step on defenders, once this guy has the ball in his hands he shines.
I got him in my mock, but not the 2nd round. Top heavy draft mid to late 3rd at best
take this guy in the 3rd
Originally posted by SF69ers:
take this guy in the 3rd

I say use our late 2nd round pick or our 3rd round pick we got from Carolina
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
take this guy in the 3rd

I say use our late 2nd round pick or our 3rd round pick we got from Carolina

I still want to use our late 2nd on Brandon Williams, but definitely use our early 3rd on Da'Rick. I'd even trade up to get him in the 3rd.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
He was far more consistent the previous year at Tennessee where he posted 6 100-yard games. I would put more stock in that performance than what he did at Tennessee Tech with an abbreviated offseason.

That is reasonable, but I would suggest that his performance at Tennesse Tech might indicate that he still has not got his head on straight.

It seems to me that he should have been more dominant at Tech than he was.

I would hesitate to use a high pick on him. Just my opinion.

"Rogers played in all 11 games for Tennessee Tech in 2012, and was the man among boys he was expected to be, leading the team with 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns. No one else on the roster had more than 28 receptions, and Rogers put up his staggering numbers despite every opponent game-planning to contain him."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737204/darick-rogers

1/4 of those yards came in one game, agianst something like Southern Missouri State.

Ever watched them play. It's cool; no one else has either.

I think he has freak talent, but Baalke has always said that small school guys need to be consistently dominant on film. I don't know (because I don't have the film) if this guy's numbers reflect consistent dominance. I guess he could have a steaming heap of stink at QB.

He did it in the SEC in 2011 and then got kicked out of school. This kid isn't a small school kid.
Share 49ersWebzone