There are 163 users in the forums

Da'Rick Rogers in Round 2?

I've been saying for a long time that Rogers was the best all around receiver in this class, with an incredible combination of speed, size, leaping ability, and a great set of hands to go along with it, and he's proven me right this weekend. The guy measured at 6'2 1/2", 217 lbs, and updates from the combine have posted the following:

"Overall, Da'Rick Rogers finished with a fantastic day. He ran a 4.52, which is fine for his size, and he finished in the Top 5 in the 3-cone, 20-yard shuttle, 60-yard shuttle, vertical jump and broad jump. At 6-foot-2, 217 pounds, that's a fantastic athlete...Da'Rick Rogers just ran a 4.44 on his second attempt...Casey Hayward told me before he got drafted by the Packers last year that Rogers was the toughest wide receiver he faced in the SEC"

He's been putting up great numbers at the combine to complement some outstanding tape for coaches to watch. With 11 picks (along with 3 comp picks and potentially one from a Smith trade), we have enough room to take a chance on a player with character issues and hope that he reaches his high ceiling. Thoughts?
wouldn't mind him, but i'd still focus on defense in the 2nd. if he's there in the 3rd, then yes.
Kendrick Lamar in the 2nd round?

F**K YES!!!

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Feb 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
His production was very erratic.

Over 33 1/3% of his yardage came in one game—Southeast Missouri St.
Over 25% of his receptions came in the same game.

That game was his only game with 100+ yards.

Against Tennessee St, he had no receptions.
His game against Oregon was not good--3 receptions, 38 yards, and 1 score.

Here are his stats game by game.

Hampton 3 75 1
North Greenville 5 88 1
Oregon 3 38 1
Southeast Mo. St. 18 303 2
Murray St. 5 58 0
Jacksonville St. 5 78 0
Eastern Ky 6 76 3
Tennessee St. 0 0 0
Eastern Ill. 5 49 1
Tenn.-Martin 5 80 0
Austin Peay 6 48 1 1
Totals 61 893 10

Rogers would be a nice pick up, but we should focus on D line and secondary.
wouldn't mind in the 3rd but don't think Harbaugh & co will target him
I think Trent/JH will build the DLine first.
Doesn't appeal to me. Bring back Rashaun Woods
Ive been saying it for a while..worth the risk
You know what I'm gonna say already.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You know what I'm gonna say already.

Don't know if you are aware but according to walterfootball we interviewed Patton at the combine!
Character issues off the field.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Don't know if you are aware but according to walterfootball we interviewed Patton at the combine!
Absolutely. You know how pumped up I'd be if they actually drafted him.....I'll have my "O" face ready to go.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Absolutely. You know how pumped up I'd be if they actually drafted him.....I'll have my "O" face ready to go.
He'll go no later than mid 2nd, so he won't be there for us unless we trade up (which I highly doubt we do). I have us taking a WR in the 3rd anyway. This is a deep WR field so there will be quality up and down the draft.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
He'll go no later than mid 2nd, so he won't be there for us unless we trade up (which I highly doubt we do). I have us taking a WR in the 3rd anyway. This is a deep WR field so there will be quality up and down the draft.

Don't you dare ruin my dreams you b*****d.

Share 49ersWebzone