Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1) I dont think you have to trade up that high to get Allen who seems to be slipping. Also, giving up an additional 3rd, 5th, and 7th to move up is too much IMO
2) I seriously doubt KC would give up the 33rd pick for Alex, a 4th, and a 6th. I just dont think Alex has that much value. I think he fetches a 4th or 5th.
3) I personally think Mathieu is a reach in the 3rd. Not a great CB. he has return skills but you would have 3 guys now with return skills on the roster
4) I think this draft HAS to get a top CB. Instead of Swearinger I would to after someone like Logan Ryan in the 2nd especially if you are putting the tag on Goldston.
5) Ace Sanders at 3rd is about 2 rds too high. But, we shall see.
Overall.. somethings I like.. Datrone Jones for example. But, not crazy about it overall. Not bad to have a difference of opinion though.
1)That would be nice not to have to trade up. I don't think much of media smokescreens, his game tape speaks for itself. we've traded a 2nd and a 4th for Rice at around 15 so slotting the value of the picks, 3rd, 5th, and a measley 7th for 17 seems fair trade.
2)It is difficult to gauge the value of a winning QB that led the league in pass% and a pretty good QB rating. More value in his attittude imo but is it too much to get in return what the Bengals got for hairy Palmer(always beats himself)lol, Broncos for crybaby Cutler, or Patriots for washed up sand Cassel.
3/4) Honey Badger plays physical and quick imo, fits the system, as does Swearinger. Shorter players flip the hips and change direction more fluid than taller players and we can't seem to cover those quicker WR's like Cruz, Amendola, Harvin He can develop because we HAS A GREAT CB IN PERRISH COX, hopefully he finally gets his opportunity to show his skills. COX LOCKED UP A.J. GREEN...in college, but still though. BTW he can return kicks too, as can Keenan Allen. The only player that is a pure returner I have in this mock is Criibbs
and as fearless he plays, in the event of an injury bc those do happen. Doesn't hurt to have players with that ADDED ability willimg to help the team in that special way. & GOLDSON(there is no T btw) is franchised bc TE's and Safeties are the 2 cheapest franchise tags over all positions, hopefully he accepts less money as C. Rodgers did, though I do want him signed long term.
5)Ace "up the sleeve" Sanders, PRIMETIMES illegitimate son....jk...after watching his tape
, he's not that different from Tavon Austin IMO
it is hard to say where players are picked, but when 49ers pick at the end of most rounds its actually like our 2nd is a 3rd and 3rd a 4th etc....as are the compensatory picks.
The thing is our Defense is so good that we haven't really seen much of what's on the bench. I really think Perrish Cox and Demarcus Dobbs are sleeping giants. I like Will Tukuafu and just not sure about Ian Williams. Curious to actually see Darius Flemming, Cam Johnson and A.J. Jenkins play. I was thinking center was going to be a position of need but apparently Looney was a steal slipping bc of injury and with him training for his opportunity with an additional training camp. I trust Baalke and get excited when he quotes Parcells and says if your rookieS are getting a lot of production in there first year, your probably not a SUPER BOWL TEAM.