There are 182 users in the forums

Revisiting last year's WR prospects and what it can tell us...

I don't care about the measurables of the receiver at this point. I just want a play maker at receiver. Look at Crabtree, he isn't the fastest or biggest, but he has superglue for hands and is able to get the though yards after the catch. If we are able to get another one like him, we will have a high powered offense.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I don't care about the measurables of the receiver at this point. I just want a play maker at receiver. Look at Crabtree, he isn't the fastest or biggest, but he has superglue for hands and is able to get the though yards after the catch. If we are able to get another one like him, we will have a high powered offense.

Agreed. Measureables are for players like Marcus Davis. That's fine for a late round pick, but should not lead to over drafting.

However, I do think the Niners need to find a talented player with the speed to stretch the field as a compliment to Crabtree.
Hopefully AJ has the speed and be the compliment to crabtree,. I wouldn't call AJ a bust yet, but it's sad that he didn't have better numbers than Rashawn Woods. One year is going to do wonders for AJ and he seems to have a good work ethic.

By the way, would the Niners have wanted AJ out there ahead of the recievers that we had. Next year he have more of an opportunity, but you know the niners will draft a reciever high. But you don't have to draft a receiver high to get a good one.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Hopefully AJ has the speed and be the compliment to crabtree,. I wouldn't call AJ a bust yet, but it's sad that he didn't have better numbers than Rashawn Woods. One year is going to do wonders for AJ and he seems to have a good work ethic.

By the way, would the Niners have wanted AJ out there ahead of the recievers that we had. Next year he have more of an opportunity, but you know the niners will draft a reciever high. But you don't have to draft a receiver high to get a good one.

I dont think we draft one high. i think they will target a couple in the mid to late rounds, and also bring in a couple of UDFA's.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I dont think we draft one high. i think they will target a couple in the mid to late rounds, and also bring in a couple of UDFA's.

That would be the smart strategy
I think they would draft Ertz high especially if Delanie doesn't resign. That would be huge. And he's more well rounded than fleener and can block.
Share 49ersWebzone