LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

MadDog's Pre-Combine Big 175 Board

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
Based on MD's ranking and my extreme personal bias's, here is how I would draft if it really did fall this way:

#31 Kawaan Short

trade #61 + #109 for #53
#53 Brandon Williams

Trade Alex Smith to the Chiefs for #63 (3rd)
#63 Travis Kelce

#74 Justin Hunter

#93 Bacarri Rambo (this should probably be a CB, but I really want him. Also I think the Niners will treat the CB spot like they did the DT spot last draft)

4th Round Comp: David Bass 3/4 OLB

Trade172 + 191 for 136
#136 Brandon Mcgee

#159 Lonnie Pryor (if he falls a bit)

Ran out of MD rankings

If K Short can play 3-4 defensive end, and I do think he can, this would a great draft; well, at least very good.
Maybe I missed it, but is Da'Rick on your list? Surprised if he's not.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Montgomery at 40 is a crime!

... but overall, I like what you do, MD. Catapano at 174 shows me you really do your homework. But you iz wrong about Montgomery.. he better than 40.

Sam Montgomery clearly has 1st round talent but what say you to the LSU strength and conditioning coach calling him out?
Originally posted by mkary12:
Maybe I missed it, but is Da'Rick on your list? Surprised if he's not.

That was my error on the duplication of Terrance Wiiliams at 102. Both you and Butter get a toaster. Thanks.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
That was my error on the duplication of Terrance Wiiliams at 102. Both you and Butter get a toaster. Thanks.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Thanks MD. Great job as always. After the combine in your spare time, would it be possible to come out with a list denoting your personal rankings of this years class.

No problem.
Originally posted by kush:

... but overall, I like what you do, MD. Catapano at 174 shows me you really do your homework. But you iz wrong about Montgomery.. he better than 40.

Sam Montgomery clearly has 1st round talent but what say you to the LSU strength and conditioning coach calling him out?

I'd say that I focus and care more for what Sam does ON the field. He plays with loads of passion and intensity... so that other stuff.. likely very small sample size.. doesn't push him out of the top 25 for me. He loves the game and brings it when it counts.

Really want to see Montgomery's 10 yard split. Will be a critical number for him as some evaluators believe he is a bit slow off the LOS. As for Catapano, I may have him too low at this point. I think he s going to open some eyes for talent evaluators
Originally posted by Mann716:
maddog. Do you think David Amerson is a safety or a corner in the nfl ? He had a great 2011 season but was abused in 2012.

I think he will be a big corner that transitions to S in five or so years. I have him projected higher than most because I believe his ball skills will wow scouts in workouts, and believe he will assure the same scouts that sloppiness, not talent, caused some of the long plays against him last year. Just a hunch, since it is very difficult to project early entry players before the combine.
I think Kiko Alonso is a little undersized for MLB in the NFL, but he's the definition of a ball hawk. I know it's a cliche, but me and my friends would always be amazed how Kiko was around the ball on nearly every snap.

If he puts on weight, I think he could be a steal.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Mann716:
maddog. Do you think David Amerson is a safety or a corner in the nfl ? He had a great 2011 season but was abused in 2012.

I think he will be a big corner that transitions to S in five or so years. I have him projected higher than most because I believe his ball skills will wow scouts in workouts, and believe he will assure the same scouts that sloppiness, not talent, caused some of the long plays against him last year. Just a hunch, since it is very difficult to project early entry players before the combine.

amerson reminds me of the packers casey heyward with regard to his ability to be around the ball..hayward was downgraded a bit for speed concerns, if i recall, but had a strong rookie year for packers--so im not going to write off amerson too much cause he had a down sr season

Originally posted by buck:
Based on MD's ranking and my extreme personal bias's, here is how I would draft if it really did fall this way:

#31 Kawaan Short

trade #61 + #109 for #53
#53 Brandon Williams

#63 Travis Kelce

#74 Justin Hunter

#93 Bacarri Rambo (this should probably be a CB, but I really want him. Also I think the Niners will treat the CB spot like they did the DT spot last draft)

Trade172 + 191 for 136
#136 Brandon Mcgee

Ran out of MD rankings

If K Short can play 3-4 defensive end, and I do think he can, this would a great draft; well, at least very good.

These are all the guys I really like at what seems like a reasonable range (prior to the combine and work outs). What does that mean? Baalke will probably go a totally different direction.
Originally posted by buck:

#31 Kawaan Short

trade #61 #109 for #53
#53 Brandon Williams

#63 Travis Kelce

#74 Justin Hunter

Trade172 191 for 136
#136 Brandon Mcgee

Ran out of MD rankings

These are all the players I like, at what seems to be a reasonable range (pre-combine). However, that probably means that Baalke will go a totally different direction.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Great job Maddog! Which Saftey prospect do you like the 49ers to draft after round one? Any DT guy after round 1 whom has pass rush ability and may replace Justin Smith in a year or two?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I think Kiko Alonso is a little undersized for MLB in the NFL, but he's the definition of a ball hawk. I know it's a cliche, but me and my friends would always be amazed how Kiko was around the ball on nearly every snap.

If he puts on weight, I think he could be a steal.

I missed on him on this board, which is a serious flaw. Will be added on the next. Very well respected
Originally posted by GORO:
Great job Maddog! Which Saftey prospect do you like the 49ers to draft after round one? Any DT guy after round 1 whom has pass rush ability and may replace Justin Smith in a year or two?

I think Jonathan Cyprien has pretty much every tool in the bag. I think the kid is terrific.
Share 49ersWebzone