LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

Combine thread

MadDog where are you getting these measurements?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce will not participate in Combine activities due to an abdominal injury.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23528/bearcats-te-kelce-wont-participate-in-indy
[ Edited by buck on Feb 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM ]
This combine seems dull, I wanna hear reports of interviewers asking players if their mothers are whores
Originally posted by valrod33:

Multiple sources, including Rotoworld NFL, KFFL, twitter accounts from guys at the combine. Getting most from Bryan Broaddus' twitter
This combine seems dull, I wanna hear reports of interviewers asking players if their mothers are whores

Patience, grasshopper.

The drama will arrive soon with the Honey Badger, Manti, Ogletree, and more.
So the lab rats and I drew numbers for which days we get to cover when the drills finally start. I drew days 1 (OL, TE, K, P) and 3 (DL and LB). Sorry.
In other notes:

OL Flucker from Alabama looks amazing, heard a rumor he lost a ton of weight and its true.
LB Jones from Georgia biggest questions seems like its his medical (which is scary from an everyday personal perspective); I probably wouldn't draft him high just because I'm not sure he can have 10 year career, but I hope he does
CB Rhodes from FSU and CB Trufant from UW seem to be fighting one another for who will be drafted first. Rhodes is a physical superior corner who can disrupt you on the line and perfect for the Boldin/Bowe type receivers. Trufant is quick, very quick and might have the best feet out of anybody. Had a great senior bowl and the only questions for me is can he play the slot and what happened from years 2 & 3 to his senior year. Could be as simply as Wilcox taking over but think its a valid point.
DT Jenkins for Georgia - watched the Kentucky film and couldn't believe it was the same guy. Plain and simple he got killed, along with the whole D-Line. Going to watch the SEC title game before his starts drills since that was his other bad game.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Multiple sources, including Rotoworld NFL, KFFL, twitter accounts from guys at the combine. Getting most from Bryan Broaddus' twitter

Thanks,I will follow him on twitter
Originally posted by bulldog54:
So the lab rats and I drew numbers for which days we get to cover when the drills finally start. I drew days 1 (OL, TE, K, P) and 3 (DL and LB). Sorry.
In other notes:

OL Flucker from Alabama looks amazing, heard a rumor he lost a ton of weight and its true.
LB Jones from Georgia biggest questions seems like its his medical (which is scary from an everyday personal perspective); I probably wouldn't draft him high just because I'm not sure he can have 10 year career, but I hope he does
CB Rhodes from FSU and CB Trufant from UW seem to be fighting one another for who will be drafted first. Rhodes is a physical superior corner who can disrupt you on the line and perfect for the Boldin/Bowe type receivers. Trufant is quick, very quick and might have the best feet out of anybody. Had a great senior bowl and the only questions for me is can he play the slot and what happened from years 2 & 3 to his senior year. Could be as simply as Wilcox taking over but think its a valid point.
DT Jenkins for Georgia - watched the Kentucky film and couldn't believe it was the same guy. Plain and simple he got killed, along with the whole D-Line. Going to watch the SEC title game before his starts drills since that was his other bad game.

Why sorry? DL is a big need for us.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by bulldog54:
In other notes:

Why sorry? DL is a big need for us.

Really wanted to see all the small school DB's since they are generating some buzz since the Senior Bowl
I know it happens every year, but I always have to chuckle at the thought of the most random things like arm length getting so much hype.

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
H
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Short pulled a hammy, Jones simply opted out. Jones' decision, to me, reeks of, "I am going to look average at the combine, so I shouldn't be there for the comparison".

Ertz's T-Rex arms, ala Giada De Laurentiis, not a good thing. I think some teams are going to move him down their boards. The rest of the TE class looks solid: Eifert, Kelce, Escobar, etc.

The top end of the OT board cleared all the initial measurable hurdles. Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson are virtual clones in the 6'6"-6'7", 305-310 area with 34 inch arms. Both guards at the top of the board: Warmack and Cooper, came in lighter than expected, as did DJ Fluker, who has nearly 37" arms. Looks like all of them are taking the process seriously.

Travis Frederick, who most consider the top center in this class, also came in at 6'4", 312, with 33" arms, all fine measurables for an interior lineman. Barret Jones came in nicely at 6'4", 306, and 34 inch arms, making him attractive at nearly all positions across the OL.

SMH at Jarvis Jones. Not a good move at all.
He will show his ability at his proday. Why risk anything now? Guy is all speed no power. He isn't Miller. People will love his speed.

What's there to risk as a rush linebacker, though? He's not a QB or a WR that's playing with people he's unfamiliar with. At the Combine, he'll show off his speed which is possibly out of reach from the other rush linebackers.

More measurables
Denard Robinson- 5'10 1/2", 199
Ace Sanders- 5'7", 173
Kenny Stills- 6' 1/2", 194
Ryan Swope- 6' 1/8, 205
Terrance Williams- 6'2", 208
Robert Woods- 6' 3/8", 201

RB's
Montee Ball- 5'10 1/2", 214
Giovani Bernard- 5'8 3/4", 202
Andre Ellington- 5'9 1/4", 199
Jonathan Franklin- 5'10", 205
Mike Gillislee- 5'11 1/8", 208
Eddie Lacy- 5'11", 231
Marcus Lattimore- 5'11 1/4, 221
Jonathan Randle- 6', 204
Stepfan Taylor- 5'9 1/8", 214
LeVeon Bell- 6' 1 3/8", 230

I hope Swope falls to us in the 3rd.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/22/tavon-austin-im-the-best-player-in-the-draft/

draft him
  • buck
  • Veteran
Hey mods, how about a merger of this thread and the Combine thread.

It would make reading and discussing easier.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Hey mods, how about a merger of this thread and the NFL Combine thread.

It would make reading and discussing easier.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Tell Rich Eisen he's a dumbass. Thx.

lol his 40 run was funny the first time. Now it's old and stale.
Share 49ersWebzone