There are 242 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Don't know why I continue to read anything by Pete Prisco. Must be to see how annoyed I'll be. He writes a nice piece on Ziggy Ansah comparing him as a draft prospect to how Jason Pierre-Paul was. Freakish athlete with huge upside, but alot of risk due to his raw skill. He finally says Ansah is well worth the risk as in top ten of 1st round.
Then he proves his head is you-know-where by posting a 1st round mock with no Ziggy. Sorry Prisco, all 32 teams aren't that stupid. Notwithstanding his rawness this guy would be a top 5 pick with a football background. PP truly sucks ass.

Also, wait til Ziggy's testing tomorrow. Will have alot of teams thinking long and hard.
Also, wait til Ziggy's testing tomorrow. Will have alot of teams thinking long and hard.

Prisco is f**king horrible. He lambasted the 49ers in 2011 for taking Aldon instead of Gabbert, taking Kaepernick instead of Gabbert and essentially ripping their entire draft that year.
Don't know why I continue to read anything by Pete Prisco. Must be to see how annoyed I'll be. He writes a nice piece on Ziggy Ansah comparing him as a draft prospect to how Jason Pierre-Paul was. Freakish athlete with huge upside, but alot of risk due to his raw skill. He finally says Ansah is well worth the risk as in top ten of 1st round.
Then he proves his head is you-know-where by posting a 1st round mock with no Ziggy. Sorry Prisco, all 32 teams aren't that stupid. Notwithstanding his rawness this guy would be a top 5 pick with a football background. PP truly sucks ass.

I meant Prisco when I said PP sucks ass, not Pierre-Paul.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Prisco is f**king horrible. He lambasted the 49ers in 2011 for taking Aldon instead of Gabbert, taking Kaepernick instead of Gabbert and essentially ripping their entire draft that year.

He is also one of the worst when it comes to handicapping games. His record was under .500 against the spread which is just god awful for someone who follows the game.

I meant Prisco when I said PP sucks ass, not Pierre-Paul.

Sorry, I meant D-linemen work out Monday

I know. Clearly Aldon was the draft prize off that Mizzou team not Gabbert, and Kap is so far ahead of Gabby it's stupid.

I know. Clearly Aldon was the draft prize off that Mizzou team not Gabbert, and Kap is so far ahead of Gabby it's stupid.

In his defense, most of the draft experts did rank Gabbert as a better player than Kap at the time.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
In his defense, most of the draft experts did rank Gabbert as a better player than Kap at the time.

They did, but many also accepted that Aldon was a very useful pick that would help the defense, Prisco was one of the few to be a real smug prick about it, he was interviewed saying that the 49ers would regret passing over Gabbert for a risky project player like Aldon...for years to come.

Meh.
I would think the smarter choice is to go with Dlineman in the first. Then go with a good DB. Go back into the second
and takea a WR and take Lattimore in the third.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They did, but many also accepted that Aldon was a very useful pick that would help the defense, Prisco was one of the few to be a real smug prick about it, he was interviewed saying that the 49ers would regret passing over Gabbert for a risky project player like Aldon...for years to come.

Meh.

Yeah well Gabbert's the risky project as it turns out, though to be fair he did come into a situation very similar to what Alex did as a rookie.

• buck
  • Veteran
Sunday is about to begin.

I want to to see how Aaron Mellette runs.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
4.25 for Tavon Austin!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Austin 4.25 unofficial first run
Originally posted by buck:
Austin 4.25 unofficial first run

Mayock also says he's not just fast but quick as well.
  • buck
  • Veteran
marcus davis 4.40
Share 49ersWebzone