There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

hofer36 mock

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow you guys really think Joesph Fauria will drop that far?? Shoot if he falls to the 4th round I'd pick him up!!

He should go in the 4th/5th/6th range, Kolohe.

I think replace him with the TE from Stanford Toliolo sp?? He should be available in the 4th or 5th. Fauria will be gone in the third or b4
Fauria is a receiving TE, his blocking is pretty bad. That said there will probably be a run on TEs in the 3rd or 4th round that he will benefit from.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Wow you guys really think Joesph Fauria will drop that far?? Shoot if he falls to the 4th round I'd pick him up!!

If Fauria's 40 time is slow enough, I think he could.

I don't really expect Fauria's 40 time to matter, he was a solid this past season. I'm gonna guess that Fauria's 40 time will be in the 4.7-4.8 range, if he bust a 4.6 no doubt he will be in the late 2nd-3rd round range.

im also a big believer that fauria will be a force to be reckon with but everyone else doesnt seem to think so. Ive been to a couple of UCLA games and he knows how to get open and catches everything around him. he will be a steal where he falls for sure, i just hope it is us who pulls the trigger on him
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Am I the only one that wants the Niners to take a flier on Marcus Lattimore? We have the depth to absorb it and the draft picks to waste on one. Why not get him in here, see what he has and bring him along slowly??? The worst that can happen is he is cut in two years...the best that can happen is we have a serious bruiser toting the rock for the next 4-6 years.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/171002-idahos-draft-post-senior-super-bowl/

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Am I the only one that wants the Niners to take a flier on Marcus Lattimore? We have the depth to absorb it and the draft picks to waste on one. Why not get him in here, see what he has and bring him along slowly??? The worst that can happen is he is cut in two years...the best that can happen is we have a serious bruiser toting the rock for the next 4-6 years.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/171002-idahos-draft-post-senior-super-bowl/

If we didn't have James then I'd be all for it. But I think RB should be in our needs in 2 or 3 years from now, Gore will be 30-32 years old and that's pretty damn old for a RB.

If we didn't have James then I'd be all for it. But I think RB should be in our needs in 2 or 3 years from now, Gore will be 30-32 years old and that's pretty damn old for a RB.

My worry is Hunter not recovering 100%. Im no doctor, but from hat i have read, an achilles injury to the extent he had is a rough injury to recover from. I dont see LMJ as a guy that can carry the load should Gore get injured. I would like some insurance there. Also we kept Jacobs on the inactive all season, why not a guy like lattimore? let him fully recover for a year, next year let him start to split carries as the work horse, and the following year let him get ready to take over if he works out. And with a mentor like gore coaching him up, skys the limit.

If we can justify a project pick like Jenkins in the first round, than i think we can more than justify a pick like Lattimore in the third considering how many picks we have available.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 13, 2013 at 11:48 PM ]
My worry is Hunter not recovering 100%. Im no doctor, but from hat i have read, an achilles injury to the extent he had is a rough injury to recover from. I dont see LMJ as a guy that can carry the load should Gore get injured. I would like some insurance there. Also we kept Jacobs on the inactive all season, why not a guy like lattimore? let him fully recover for a year, next year let him start to split carries as the work horse, and the following year let him get ready to take over if he works out. And with a mentor like gore coaching him up, skys the limit.

If we can justify a project pick like Jenkins in the first round, than i think we can more than justify a pick like Lattimore in the third considering how many picks we have available.

This is my logic as well.

Let's say Lattimore needs a year to really regain his strength and movement. That gives James another year to become acclimated with fairly decent playing time...it gives Hunter the chance to work his way back...and it allows the Niners to groom their next pounder between the tackles.

If he is around say by the first of our two 3rds...why the hell not?? These are the types of draft choices that deep teams make that can end up being a bridge to more successful seasons. Not saying Lattimore is a savior at all, however, judging by his work at SC...he is a more than capable replacement for Gore if thats the route chosen. I just dont see the harm in giving it a shot.