LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 147 users in the forums

hofer36 mock

no projected picks for alex smith trade or compensatory picks---

1-datone jones def end ucla---has size to fit as de in niners 3-4, may develop into pass rusher

2-david amerson cb north carolina st---niners like big corners, this guy is 6-2 and picked off 13 passes as a jr,; may fall due to down sr year

3-brandon jenkins olb florida st---an edge rusher from a team that had several other productive edge rushers in werner and carradine

3-philip thomas safety fresno st---i think he can play either free or strong safety, bulldogs let him free lance alot ala troy polamula

4-chris harper wr kansas st---has some similarities to anquin boldin, such as huge size (6-1 230ish) and is a former qb

5-graham pocic c-illinois---saw him play very well when looking at highlights of jonathan hankins in the ohio st -illinois game

5-kwame geathers nt- georgia---looking at jon jenkons highlights in toiced that they played jenkins off the guard and put geathers over center--seemd to move pretty well for guy so huge

6- micah hyde cb iowa-- rangy build, tall and has made some big plays for iowa

6-joseph fauria te ucla--6-7 height provides big target

7-quinn sharp pk oklahoma st--someone needs to replace akers

7-ryan griffin qb tulane--6-4 developmental prospect
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice mock, hof. Like the Fauria pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow you guys really think Joesph Fauria will drop that far?? Shoot if he falls to the 4th round I'd pick him up!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow you guys really think Joesph Fauria will drop that far?? Shoot if he falls to the 4th round I'd pick him up!!

He should go in the 4th/5th/6th range, Kolohe.

If Fauria's 40 time is slow enough, I think he could.
Good Mock! Thanks for the effort!
Nice mock. Like first two picks
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 60sfan:

If Fauria's 40 time is slow enough, I think he could.

I don't really expect Fauria's 40 time to matter, he was a solid this past season. I'm gonna guess that Fauria's 40 time will be in the 4.7-4.8 range, if he bust a 4.6 no doubt he will be in the late 2nd-3rd round range.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Nice mock btw, I would love that draft.
I think Thomas jumps into the second round.

Am I the only one that wants the Niners to take a flier on Marcus Lattimore? We have the depth to absorb it and the draft picks to waste on one. Why not get him in here, see what he has and bring him along slowly??? The worst that can happen is he is cut in two years...the best that can happen is we have a serious bruiser toting the rock for the next 4-6 years.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Am I the only one that wants the Niners to take a flier on Marcus Lattimore? We have the depth to absorb it and the draft picks to waste on one. Why not get him in here, see what he has and bring him along slowly??? The worst that can happen is he is cut in two years...the best that can happen is we have a serious bruiser toting the rock for the next 4-6 years.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/171002-idahos-draft-post-senior-super-bowl/

• mayo49
  • Veteran

A torn ACL on both knees. I don't know if we can pray for another Frank Gore.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

A torn ACL on both knees. I don't know if we can pray for another Frank Gore.

Not to mention Kendall Hunter is already coming back from an injury.
If nobody took him, I would take a shot on Lattimore in the 7th. But we really need to improve depth so that our starters can be fresher deep in the season. Especially on the D-line. I would rather use our picks in rounds where talent should make the field on guys who serve legitimate needs.
Share 49ersWebzone