LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Identity Crisis' 2013 Mock Draft

Love seeing the mocks floating around but always saw one thing or another that I wanted to change so I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. I'm assuming we get a 3rd for Alex, plus 4th and 7th comps, I think that accounts for the right number of picks (btw, with all those picks I would prefer we make trades up).

Round 1. Jesse Williams DT Alabama
Round 2. Leon McFadden CB SDSU
Round 3A. Margus Hunt DE SMU
Round 3B. Bacarri Rambo S Georgia
Round 3C. Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas
Round 4A. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
Round 4B. Brian Schwenke C Cal
Round 5A. Kwame Geathers DE Geogia
Round 5B Matt Scott QB Arizona
Round 6. Dustin Hopkins K FSU
Round 7A. Cameron Meredith OLB Nebraska
Round 7B. Devin Smith CB Wisconsin

Dudes I like at positions we need. Dlinemen that fit our scheme, DBs that make plays on the friggin ball, and good skill guys (Fauria, Scott, Hopkins)
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Feb 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Love seeing the mocks floating around but always saw one thing or another that I wanted to change so I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. I'm assuming we get a 3rd for Alex, plus 4th and 7th comps, I think that accounts for the right number of picks (btw, with all those picks I would prefer we make trades up).

Round 4B. Dalton Freeman C Clemson
Round 7A. Drew Schaefer C Washington

Dudes I like at positions we need. Dlinemen that fit our scheme, DBs that make plays on the friggin ball, and good skill guys (Fauria, Scott, Hopkins)

Good job but you forgot another 3rd rd pick. I think you hit the positions we need and would be pretty happy with this draft. I would prefer Schwenke over Freeman, Logan Ryan over McFadden and would use that other 3rd rd pick for a WR. Also, not sure the need to draft 2 centers. Seems like Schaefer would just be a throw away pick.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Good job but you forgot another 3rd rd pick. I think you hit the positions we need and would be pretty happy with this draft. I would prefer Schwenke over Freeman, Logan Ryan over McFadden and would use that other 3rd rd pick for a WR. Also, not sure the need to draft 2 centers. Seems like Schaefer would just be a throw away pick.

dude you're right on pretty much all counts. I changed one C for another and forgot to take the other out. With that extra 3rd, I would probably go for Cobi Hamilton WR out Arkansas. I would also prefer Schwenke over Freeman, but I didn't know if he'd be around. I think I'll make the appropriate tweeks.
Really like this and don't even mind taking Hunt...in the 3rd round should he last that long. Not sure about players being in the right notch but then...no one can be at this point!
I LOVE this mock draft. I wouldn't have done it any different. Lets hope it plays out like this. Obviously I would prefer guys like Shariff Floyd and Sheldon Richardson in the 1st but there is no way they slip that far. I feel like all the other picks in your mock hit that, "need meets value happy medium". Good mock draft
If we needed to move up to get our guys, i definitely hope we do. this is the year we should trade to get any rookie we feel could make an immediate impact.
I'd like Phillip Thomas S Fresno st. pick 3a and Hunt 3b. I don't really like Hunt but I do like Rambo. We don't need to draft 2 C. 1 C and a swing T, However Boone can play T if need be and slide in Slowey or L. Davis(if kept) at G.
If we needed to move up to get our guys, i definitely hope we do. this is the year we should trade to get any rookie we feel could make an immediate impact.

Good call. And hell of a mock, I would be ecstatic if it went down like this!
Good to see a Center in there. I think Goodwin is a weak link, physically. He could help groom a Center. Not completely sold on Kilgore. If we got a great Center, we would have and EPIC OL.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Good to see a Center in there. I think Goodwin is a weak link, physically. He could help groom a Center. Not completely sold on Kilgore. If we got a great Center, we would have and EPIC OL.

Kilgore is a really likable, scrappy player but I'm not sure he is a future starter. As much as I love the guys attitude, have to agree with you.

Round 3C. Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas
Round 4B. Brian Schwenke C Cal
Round 7A. Cameron Meredith OLB Nebraska

Still have a problem with a NT at the top of our draft. Would rather see a 5 technique DE like, Dotone Jones or try and move up and get Sheldon Richardson. I know Williams has experience at DE, but is not agile enough in my opinion to develop into a good pass rusher. Our ability to be effective against the run with our nickel should allow us to get a run stuffer, like Kawame Geathers, further down the draft. Besides, most teams want to run 3 receiver formations at us so we go into the nickle.
[ Edited by 60sfan on Feb 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM ]

Explain please, because other than the coaching staff of the 49ers, I fail to see how people can know one way or another at this point.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Explain please, because other than the coaching staff of the 49ers, I fail to see how people can know one way or another at this point.

Would love to hear the explanation, too. Niners offensive line considered the best in the league with Goodwin at its heart. No one really knows how good Kilgore is besides his limited snaps in their Jumbo package.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Still have a problem with a NT at the top of our draft. Would rather see a 5 technique DE like, Dotone Jones or try and move up and get Sheldon Richardson. I know Williams has experience at DE, but is not agile enough in my opinion to develop into a good pass rusher. Our ability to be effective against the run with our nickel should allow us to get a run stuffer, like Kawame Geathers, further down the draft. Besides, most teams want to run 3 receiver formations at us so we go into the nickle.

Datone Jones is no 3-4 DE. I am a UCLA alum, and I've seen him extensively... I know he's popular on the boards, and I absolutely love him, think he's a beast, but not the right guy for us.
Originally posted by 60sfan:

Datone Jones is no 3-4 DE. I am a UCLA alum, and I've seen him extensively... I know he's popular on the boards, and I absolutely love him, think he's a beast, but not the right guy for us.

The way its looking he will be gone anyway. Guys his size that can rush the QB like he can usually go fast. Dallas is switching to a 4-3 and could grab him. I could also see Indy as a spot.
Share 49ersWebzone