LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 317 users in the forums

Would you draft Manti Te'o if he slipped to the 3rd or 4th round??

Merely a hypothetical question , but if Te'o's stock plummeted, and he was still available in the 3rd or 4th round , would you draft him?? , even if inside linebacker is not a position that needs to be addressed

If he fell that far , I wouldnt mind picking him up , he would be a solid special teams player IMO, and it would be a "luxury pick" since we are already strong all over the roster ....Just a thought ...what about you guys??
Sure, why not. It's not going to happen even with all the controversy surrounding him, but who wouldn't take him at that point. Guy has talent.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Sure, why not. It's not going to happen even with all the controversy surrounding him, but who wouldn't take him at that point. Guy has talent.

my thoughts exactly
No. He's a loser. Niners don't draft losers.
Definitely. He may be nieve as hell but he can play football. His strength got exposed in the BCS champ game but that can be fixed. He has instinct and can make plays. He'd be a steal in the 3rd.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
We need a pass rushing linebacker not another coverage/tackling one... Already have two all pros for that.
I'd take Chase Thomas over him...no baggage, 5th yr senior, mature, played in NFL-style defense at Stanford.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
We need a pass rushing linebacker not another coverage/tackling one... Already have two all pros for that.
in my opinion those guys should have been rushing the passer more on sunday but thats a whole other story god damn it all to hell as i pound the sandy beach and look up at the broken statue of liberty
The Question was would I take him in the 3-4th round if he slid.

No - we can do better in maby other areas of need and get a Quality prospect.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
No. He's a loser. Niners don't draft losers.

the name jj jenkins just wants to leap off my keyboard but i will restrain myself untill late august

Dont want. Too much of a distraction and wouldnt play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Dont want. Too much of a distraction and wouldnt play.

you are a good poster and a smart one and since i do not know nothing about college ball... do you at all care if a guy had a crappy bowl game in his last game as a player when you are looking to draft that person? does that mean anything to you or your team in the grand scheme of things?
He's going to be drafted in the first round... I guarantee it

If he did slide into the 3rd or 4th, then yes, take him, we always have room for good football players.
[ Edited by jacklegniner on Feb 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM ]
No way. I would take back to back 400 lb defensive tackles.
In the 4th? Sure. Its about value and getting quality FB players. He would be a steal at the end of rd 4. Would never happen though.
Share 49ersWebzone