There are 233 users in the forums

*Updated 2/23* Idaho's Draft 3.0 Post Senior/Super bowl

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think after Baalke's done trading up we'll come out of the draft with a max of 6 blue-chippers...that will hopefully include Zach Ertz, the best TE in the country. I think most of the rest will be defensive guys. Lattimore's coming off a very serious injury, and may not play at all in 2013. When he's healthy he's a terrific RB, but at this point he'd be a sizeable gamble. Another option could be Stephan Taylor, a RB Harbaugh's very familiar with. For the DL, I like Jesse Williams...assuming they don't re-sign Sopoaga, he could have a shot to start at NT, but could also play DE. Like the S Thomas...and the CB Alford. the latter's size is somewhat in question...I've seen everything from 5-9 to 6 ft on him. Being a 5th yr senior, he's arguably more mature than some, which should be a good thing. Rather than draft a DE, I'm hoping Baalke would sign Randy Starks, a 300+ lb'er who can play inside or out. Harbaugh needs another experienced DL who can play pretty much anywhere on his line.

We will need more than 6 players from the draft to fill roster holes. 6 players will not fill the holes we will have this offseason. I fully expect alot of pics to be made. We will needs of 2 wr's, a TE, DE depth, NT, CB, S, OL, OLB depth, and a Kicker.

Alfords size is not an issue. He elevates very well and can play the ball at its highest point with the best of the CB's in this draft. He also adds good ST value.

We do not need a RB that will play this year. We have Gore, Hunter, LMJ, and Hampton. Lattimore could sit the bench and fully recover. He was the best back in the counrty before his injury, and if he falls to the third he would be a steal. Modern medicine is a beautiful thing, and Gore did alright, as well as other backs whp had signifigant college injurys.
After today, im more firmly in the Sims camp. Always liked him, but he certainly helped himself today.

Sims in the third would be a great pick IMO.
Updated mock instead of making ne thread.

Most notable changes is dropping Aaron Mellette from the draft all together (even though i like him) and adding WR Ace Sanders instead. With Kaufman filling the role of big physical WR, Mellette was more expendable, even though he has more athleticism.

Ace Sanders i think adds an instant upgrade in the return game and makes more sense than taking both Mellette and Kaufman.

Also added is JJ Wilcox SS.

Ben Obaseki moves to UDFA list, Also added to FA list is Mark Harrison WR.

Other than that there was a couple changes to draft positions.Thanks fr looking.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
After today, im more firmly in the Sims camp. Always liked him, but he certainly helped himself today.

This. I was shocked at how light he came in considering he was hovering around 280 for a long time. He moves well for his size and is already a pretty good blocker so he'd be able to get out on the field basically right away.
Updated mock instead of making ne thread.

Most notable changes is dropping Aaron Mellette from the draft all together (even though i like him) and adding WR Ace Sanders instead. With Kaufman filling the role of big physical WR, Mellette was more expendable, even though he has more athleticism.

Ace Sanders i think adds an instant upgrade in the return game and makes more sense than taking both Mellette and Kaufman.

Also added is JJ Wilcox SS.

Ben Obaseki moves to UDFA list, Also added to FA list is Mark Harrison WR.

Other than that there was a couple changes to draft positions.Thanks fr looking.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. I was shocked at how light he came in considering he was hovering around 280 for a long time. He moves well for his size and is already a pretty good blocker so he'd be able to get out on the field basically right away.

He actually lost alot of eight in 2012, and seems to be continueing to take better care of his body. He had some troubleing issues early in his career, mostly related to be being young and stupid, but he seems to have come out of that.

He is really an underrated pass catcher as well. He simply wasnt utilized to his fullest for the most part, and injurys certainly could be concerning, although they were mostly minor injurys.

I think a blocking/short yardage receiving TE is hat we need most, for the sake of freeing up VD in the passing game.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
If the first 3 rounds went like that I'd be happy. Lattimore would be a steal in my opinion. He would be our next Gore. And if Mellette or Kaufman could develop from small school WRs to really good pros I've been ecstatic. Kaufman could be the steal of the entire draft when all is said and done. The only thing I might change is swapping Mellette with Ace Sanders. I think we need a dynamic returner/deep threat and he could be that guy. I understand why you went Mellette though, has good speed for his size and has really good hands. Just want a guy that will legitimately scare teams as a deep threat or take a 5 yard pass and make some guys miss for big gains. His QBs really didn't allow him to show what he could do.

Edit: forgot to say, Really good mock.

Thanks. The reason i didnt go with a WR with more ST abilitys is because he have both LMJ and Hunter coming back for KR, and we Have KW coming back for PR and he showed alot of improvment in the attempts he got before the injury. Jenkins is still a huge question mark.

The guy i would add for ST dutys and sharing time in the slot is Luke Tasker. I wouldnt personally mind spending a late round pick on him, because i think he is a stud, but ultimately i think he goes undrafted, and i would pick him up as an UDFA.

I see you took my suggestion lol. Good mock again. Love Lattimore and hope we take a change on him. Would love to see what Tomsula can do with Gholston. Ace is my favorite, dynamic WR. Wilcox has huge upside.

Originally posted by Travisty13:
I see you took my suggestion lol. Good mock again. Love Lattimore and hope we take a change on him. Would love to see what Tomsula can do with Gholston. Ace is my favorite, dynamic WR. Wilcox has huge upside.

Yea, good Call travisty. I really like mellette, but Ace offers a differant aspect, and Kaufman and Mellette was a bit overkill for two WR's that would play the same kind sets. I think kaufman adds good value for where he will be drafted in comparison to mellette.

This is willie Jefferson, my 7th round OLB prospect. 6-6 230 pounds. Sack at 4:35 Sack/strip at 7:25. Lots of pressures in this game, two pass blocks, which ould have been sacks if the QB didnt throw the football purposely right at him. 15 sacks on the season for 114 yards in losses.

Couple highlights at the start of this video

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM ]
Solid draft Idaho. I like the idea of two defensive line players and a safety and corner in the first four selections. Ace is perfect in your order. Only critique, I don't think Alex will bring a two, I'm not even sure he'll bring a three.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Solid draft Idaho. I like the idea of two defensive line players and a safety and corner in the first four selections. Ace is perfect in your order. Only critique, I don't think Alex will bring a two, I'm not even sure he'll bring a three.

Yea, i know im in the minority there, and probably may be wishful thinking. I personally think he has that value, just have to find a team that agrees with me.

If that didnt happen, my draft would change by targeting Thomas at our pick, but i think he would be gone, so i would still go with Alford if he as gone.

Then i would come back and target a Rambo or Swearinger in the third. Lattimore would be my luxury pick in the third, so if we didnt pickup even a third for AS, then he would likely be out unless he fell to the 4th, in which case i would draft him with the fourth we would get for AS. I dont see us getting anything less than a fourth for AS, So while the draft would change slightly, not much, i would still target similar positions at those picks. the big change would be instead of picking up thomas in the second, we get a Rambo or Swearinger in the third.

Hope that explanation made sense. Thanks for checking out the draft.
Gonna focus a little bit on little known late round or UDFA prospects. Posted the Willie Jefferson video a couple posts back. Please check it out if you get a chance. Guy could end up being a stud pass rusher for a steal of a deal.

Here is a guy from my Alma Mater. Gary Walker-S- Idaho. Highly likely he goes UDFA. Would love to bring him in to develop. I feel he has alot of upside to develop.Has alot of range, good instincts, good lateral movment, sure tackler. 6-0, 200. 99 tackles last season. 109 in 2011. 295 in his career.

This is Ben Obaseki. My UDFA small school DE prospect. 7.5 sacks. 14.5 TFL's. He was a man among boys at his school. Has an extreme motor. Good guy to develope. Junior year highlights.

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone