There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade up for Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins (conditions below)?

Would you trade up for Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins (conditions below)?

Would you trade up for Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins?

The Defensive tackle from Ohio State is 6'3, 322 pounds who can play the 5-technique, the 3-technique (1-gap), and can somewhat play the 0-tech.

He could start at NT or at DE for us -- lots of versatility there.

Most mock drafts have him going in the mid-teens -- would you trade up to there for him?

Based on the draft value chart, you're looking at our #76 from Carolina and swapping our other 3rd for their 4th to get up to the mid-teens.

ID TRADE MY SOOUUUUL FOR HANKINS!
No...I think we can get better value staying where we are at.
Originally posted by drake49er:
No...I think we can get better value staying where we are at.

Value left on the dline at our pick?

I want this guy in a 49ers uniform next season!
He's a big boy!
i dont think we would have to trade up for him, I think he will be right around there
No. Too much depth this year in later part of the draft.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
i dont think we would have to trade up for him, I think he will be right around there

This
No i'll take john jenkins georgia top of the second round he'd take up blockers for willis and bowman to make plays and sign Richard Seymour
Depends how far AND who'd still be available.
No because if we lose Goldson and it seems like we will, safety becomes our #1 need. Then a trade up for Vaccaro or stay put for Cyprien becomes the question.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would go as high as the 25th pick, anything more than that would be too much.
no
I would make a move up for Hankins**, but I don't know if we'd necessarily need to go up to teens to get him. I think the Colts at pick 24 would be a great trading partner. We made a move with them last year and they would probably love to trade down to pick up some extra selections since they are without a 2nd (Vontae Davis) and a 5th (us). That move would likely cost us the 91st pick and a late pick (according to draft chart) which I would be willing to part with for Hankins. I love his versatility and he is just a very disruptive player. He might not ever wrack up a ton of sacks, but he's going to wreak havoc on the offensive line and make life easy for all of our expensive LBs and keep them nice and healthy haha.
[ Edited by 2Legit2Quit on Mar 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM ]