There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Senior Bowl Practices on NFL Network

Originally posted by Butter:
Who are the best options for 3/4 DE and NT?

Jessie Williams would be the best option for the Niners if he is there. He can play either NT or DE.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Butter:
Who are the best options for 3/4 DE and NT?

Jessie Williams would be the best option for the Niners if he is there. He can play either NT or DE.

Agreed.
Some pretty good write-ups at NFL Draft Countdown for those who want to do some one stop shopping.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,503
Doesn't it feel good not to have to worry about getting a franchise Qb? Thank god we're set with Kap. Now, we can just build around him.
Just tuned into NFLN, on Live now ...
I tell you guys I don't know where he will get drafted but again today I really like CB Jordan Poyer from Oregon St. He really comes out of his breaks well. Also on the offensive line Guard Quesenberry from San Jose St and Center Brian Shewenke from California both looked good. I don't know if this guy plays defensive end or OLB at the next level but Cornelius Washington from Georgia was a load rushing the passer. Also from Georgia NT John Jenkins can't be moved. He just pushed the center straight back into the QB. His problem as was stated on TV is his stamina. When his fresh he's a bull but he needs conditioning at the next level to play multiple snaps.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I tell you guys I don't know where he will get drafted but again today I really like CB Jordan Poyer from Oregon St. He really comes out of his breaks well. Also on the offensive line Guard Quesenberry from San Jose St and Center Brian Shewenke from California both looked good. I don't know if this guy plays defensive end or OLB at the next level but Cornelius Washington from Georgia was a load rushing the passer. Also from Georgia NT John Jenkins can't be moved. He just pushed the center straight back into the QB. His problem as was stated on TV is his stamina. When his fresh he's a bull but he needs conditioning at the next level to play multiple snaps.

Him or Trufant, both very good man on man cornerbacks.
Hello everyone, I've been in Mobile this week covering the senior bowl and would be happy to give updates on certain players (especially since I'm a 49ers fan). I should be here through the game but that depends on my employer and flight arrangements.

Unfortunately I just joined so I can not create a thread, so I'll just respond to this post or if someone wanted to create a new post for me to respond in.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I tell you guys I don't know where he will get drafted but again today I really like CB Jordan Poyer from Oregon St. He really comes out of his breaks well. Also on the offensive line Guard Quesenberry from San Jose St and Center Brian Shewenke from California both looked good. I don't know if this guy plays defensive end or OLB at the next level but Cornelius Washington from Georgia was a load rushing the passer. Also from Georgia NT John Jenkins can't be moved. He just pushed the center straight back into the QB. His problem as was stated on TV is his stamina. When his fresh he's a bull but he needs conditioning at the next level to play multiple snaps.

Him or Trufant, both very good man on man cornerbacks.

Speaking of Trufant, anyone think he's worth a late 1st round pick or is he more of a 2nd/3rd round guy? Seems like a legit NFL starting CB to me.

Agreed on Quessenberry. Seems like he has the feet to play back-up tackle if needed, but could definitely be a quality starting guard....looks like the perfect swing guy for our o-line.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Speaking of Trufant, anyone think he's worth a late 1st round pick or is he more of a 2nd/3rd round guy? Seems like a legit NFL starting CB to me.

Agreed on Quessenberry. Seems like he has the feet to play back-up tackle if needed, but could definitely be a quality starting guard....looks like the perfect swing guy for our o-line.

I think he'll wind up in the 2nd round. Tampa Bay has been all over him so he could be a mid 2nd rounder going to them.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I tell you guys I don't know where he will get drafted but again today I really like CB Jordan Poyer from Oregon St. He really comes out of his breaks well. Also on the offensive line Guard Quesenberry from San Jose St and Center Brian Shewenke from California both looked good. I don't know if this guy plays defensive end or OLB at the next level but Cornelius Washington from Georgia was a load rushing the passer. Also from Georgia NT John Jenkins can't be moved. He just pushed the center straight back into the QB. His problem as was stated on TV is his stamina. When his fresh he's a bull but he needs conditioning at the next level to play multiple snaps.

Him or Trufant, both very good man on man cornerbacks.

Speaking of Trufant, anyone think he's worth a late 1st round pick or is he more of a 2nd/3rd round guy? Seems like a legit NFL starting CB to me.

Agreed on Quessenberry. Seems like he has the feet to play back-up tackle if needed, but could definitely be a quality starting guard....looks like the perfect swing guy for our o-line.

didnt get to watch him yesterday becasue I was at school but day 1....very agressive. But most of his plays would be a PI in that first day of practice.
1st time seeing the players this week, some guys who are impressive so far.

Trufant, CB Washington, good coverage, all around good CB, 1st rund quality

Fisher, OT C.Michigan, great showing, tall LT, with potential to be a franchise LT

B.Williams, DT Miss Southern, looks good on pass rushing today, could be a 2nd rd pick when April comes around

S.Williams, DT UNC, good rush from NT over the Center, god by the C, I think Cave of N.Dame.

D.Jones, UCLA DE, good pass rush skills, getting by guys like Pugh and Wagner easily.

Not impressed

J.Pugh, OL Syracuse, doesn't look good at RT, should be a OG at the NFL level

McDonald, S USC, I dont see him as a 1st or early 2nd round pick right now, not liking his coverage skills.

Cave, ND C, not impressed, doesn't seem to have the skills to be a NFL Center, letting DE/DT get by him too easy.

Those are my early thoughts.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
1st time seeing the players this week, some guys who are impressive so far.

Trufant, CB Washington, good coverage, all around good CB, 1st rund quality

Fisher, OT C.Michigan, great showing, tall LT, with potential to be a franchise LT

B.Williams, DT Miss Southern, looks good on pass rushing today, could be a 2nd rd pick when April comes around

S.Williams, DT UNC, good rush from NT over the Center, god by the C, I think Cave of N.Dame.

D.Jones, UCLA DE, good pass rush skills, getting by guys like Pugh and Wagner easily.

Not impressed

J.Pugh, OL Syracuse, doesn't look good at RT, should be a OG at the NFL level

McDonald, S USC, I dont see him as a 1st or early 2nd round pick right now, not liking his coverage skills.

Cave, ND C, not impressed, doesn't seem to have the skills to be a NFL Center, letting DE/DT get by him too easy.

Those are my early thoughts.

Cave is going to plummet down the draft boards, he's been manhandled by NFL quality competition pretty much all year long.
OT Lane Johnson (legit 6'6", 302, 35" arms and an 83" wingspan) from Oklahoma has been pretty dominant in most of his 1-on-1 drills.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,537
Brandon Williams had his best day--clearly he has proven that he play with the boys from the big programs.

He demonstrated that he has a good motor.