There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Early First Round Projection

Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Nobody cares about your weak ass draft projections maddog. You're not a scout. Go kick rocks.

You care enough to come in here and say that.
Originally posted by hofer36:
lane johnson not lance

fail
Thoughts on Hunt?
kenny vacarro? Giovani Benard?
how do you feel about NC DT Sylvester Williams, OLB Jaymes Gayle, Fresno Ss Phillip Thomas, and who do you feel would be the best wr available to complement Crabtree? thanks for the good read
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Thoughts on Hunt?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Thoughts on Hunt?

Great length, hustle, work ethic. Very solid prospect. Age is going to push hm down the board, in my opinion, as he will be 26 when the 2013 season begins. Still a second rounder. That being said, the eagles drafted a 26 year old OG in the first round, Danny Watkins, who I had a third round grade on. He lost his starting position this year.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
kenny vacarro? Giovani Benard?

Both could end up first rounders. Tough to be a first round RB or S. Pretty rare these days. I loved Doug Martin last year, and he was only a mid second rounder
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Both could end up first rounders. Tough to be a first round RB or S. Pretty rare these days. I loved Doug Martin last year, and he was only a mid second rounder

Not tough if your from Alabama or LSU.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
kenny vacarro? Giovani Benard?

Both could end up first rounders. Tough to be a first round RB or S. Pretty rare these days. I loved Doug Martin last year, and he was only a mid second rounder

You mean you had him in the mid 2nd? He got drafted in the 1st
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
You mean you had him in the mid 2nd? He got drafted in the 1st

My bad. Tampa did move up from their second rounder at 36, to 31. Mea culpa. I thought he was first round talent and that played out well. I graded out the top four backs in thus order last year: Richardson, Wilson, Martin and Ballard. Not a bad year for rookie RB's.
My thoughts:
QBs - I agree. I see Geno and Manuel going in the first. Glennon seems to much like a project to go in round 1
RBs - Keep an eye on Joseph Randle sneaking into the 1st. He has Ellington's speed and elusivness in a more NFL-caliber body.
WRs - I have to go back and look at Hopkins more now that he announced. Patterson seems so raw, maybe even more Raw then Stephen Hill was, and it cost him big to fall into the 2nd. Meanwhile Tavon Austin could be a big steal in the 2nd if he falls.
O-Line - No Aboushi?
CBs - Jordan Poyer would be a steal after the 1st, has been a big time playmaker all year and I wouldn't be surprised if he had the best 40 of the top CBs.
Regarding spelling, MD, it's Alex Okafor, and I could see us picking him if he falls or trading up for him. Has leadership qualities. Pretty sure we'll go DT or DE in first. Also surprised to not see Vaccaro up there. Earl Thomas making UT safeties in 1st round look good.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Eifert has my vote.

Great TE class. Best in a long time


Well a few years back the TE class was ranked a C+. They said it will be a boon or bust draft for TE's.


Gronkowski second round
Jimmy Graham- third round
Aaron Hernandez - fourth round.

I am ALL In for Zach Ertz.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Well a few years back the TE class was ranked a C+. They said it will be a boon or bust draft for TE's.


Gronkowski second round
Jimmy Graham- third round
Aaron Hernandez - fourth round.

I am ALL In for Zach Ertz.

Depends on who did the ranking....At the time of the draft I said Gronk was a 1st round prospect and a major steal, and Hernandez was worth a late 1st. Didn't know much about Graham at the time.
Whoever picks E.J. Manuel in the first round is going to be enormously disappointed.