49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 764 users in the forums

MadDog's Early First Round Projection

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Nobody cares about your weak ass draft projections maddog. You're not a scout. Go kick rocks.

You care enough to come in here and say that.
Thoughts on Hunt?
kenny vacarro? Giovani Benard?
how do you feel about NC DT Sylvester Williams, OLB Jaymes Gayle, Fresno Ss Phillip Thomas, and who do you feel would be the best wr available to complement Crabtree? thanks for the good read
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Thoughts on Hunt?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Thoughts on Hunt?

Great length, hustle, work ethic. Very solid prospect. Age is going to push hm down the board, in my opinion, as he will be 26 when the 2013 season begins. Still a second rounder. That being said, the eagles drafted a 26 year old OG in the first round, Danny Watkins, who I had a third round grade on. He lost his starting position this year.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
kenny vacarro? Giovani Benard?

Both could end up first rounders. Tough to be a first round RB or S. Pretty rare these days. I loved Doug Martin last year, and he was only a mid second rounder
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Both could end up first rounders. Tough to be a first round RB or S. Pretty rare these days. I loved Doug Martin last year, and he was only a mid second rounder

Not tough if your from Alabama or LSU.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
kenny vacarro? Giovani Benard?

Both could end up first rounders. Tough to be a first round RB or S. Pretty rare these days. I loved Doug Martin last year, and he was only a mid second rounder

You mean you had him in the mid 2nd? He got drafted in the 1st
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
You mean you had him in the mid 2nd? He got drafted in the 1st

My bad. Tampa did move up from their second rounder at 36, to 31. Mea culpa. I thought he was first round talent and that played out well. I graded out the top four backs in thus order last year: Richardson, Wilson, Martin and Ballard. Not a bad year for rookie RB's.
My thoughts:
QBs - I agree. I see Geno and Manuel going in the first. Glennon seems to much like a project to go in round 1
RBs - Keep an eye on Joseph Randle sneaking into the 1st. He has Ellington's speed and elusivness in a more NFL-caliber body.
WRs - I have to go back and look at Hopkins more now that he announced. Patterson seems so raw, maybe even more Raw then Stephen Hill was, and it cost him big to fall into the 2nd. Meanwhile Tavon Austin could be a big steal in the 2nd if he falls.
O-Line - No Aboushi?
CBs - Jordan Poyer would be a steal after the 1st, has been a big time playmaker all year and I wouldn't be surprised if he had the best 40 of the top CBs.
Regarding spelling, MD, it's Alex Okafor, and I could see us picking him if he falls or trading up for him. Has leadership qualities. Pretty sure we'll go DT or DE in first. Also surprised to not see Vaccaro up there. Earl Thomas making UT safeties in 1st round look good.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Eifert has my vote.

Great TE class. Best in a long time


Well a few years back the TE class was ranked a C+. They said it will be a boon or bust draft for TE's.


Gronkowski second round
Jimmy Graham- third round
Aaron Hernandez - fourth round.

I am ALL In for Zach Ertz.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Well a few years back the TE class was ranked a C+. They said it will be a boon or bust draft for TE's.


Gronkowski second round
Jimmy Graham- third round
Aaron Hernandez - fourth round.

I am ALL In for Zach Ertz.

Depends on who did the ranking....At the time of the draft I said Gronk was a 1st round prospect and a major steal, and Hernandez was worth a late 1st. Didn't know much about Graham at the time.
Whoever picks E.J. Manuel in the first round is going to be enormously disappointed.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I've been paying alot of attention to Jenkins. He'sreally strong. Prototypical NT. Demands the double team and he can beat the single block. He gave first rounder barrett Jones some trouble and Warmack had to help block him most of the game. He still split the double team. A couple of problems would be his aggressiveness. The finesse run blockers of bama were able to control his rush and the rbs would run outside of him right up the middle. I also question his conditioning and he needs to learn when to rush and when to control gaps. I like him more then Jesse Williams tho. Hes a true NT and i think we need someone who can pressure the middle for years to come. Jessr Williams feels like sopoago lite which is fine but if pass rush on dline is a problem then Johnathan Jenkins.

That''s why we have Coach Tomsula n our conditioning staff. Perfect to mold. This coaching staff has turned around players like Brooks and Boone. "Tell me who you're with and I will tell you who you are." Ol' Tico saying. The fact we have such a cohesive group w strong character and leaders, Jenkins would have the support he needs to succeed, IMO.

Can you imagine a Mt. Cody Type who could rotate in n get acclimated to the game while providing a more stout middle? I can. And we have some serious talent at NT compared to the last four years, IMO. Not many 1st rd NTs as I recall in the past.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone