LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 211 users in the forums

MadDog's Early First Round Projection

Originally posted by Butter:
MD, what is your evaluation of Jonathan Jenkins. I've seen mixed reviews of him as UoG had trouble stopping the run.

Who do you rank higher, Jenkins or Brandon Williams

Good early in the game, but tends to fade late. Conditioning a major issue, and I think people might see a lack of motor to play at a high level in the next level. I think he ends up a high second rounder.

To me, Jenkins is the better prospect, but not by much.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks MD.

Don't you feel Barret Jones will be a 1st round selection?

Second rounder. I don't see much upside from his game from this point forward. The ceiling has pretty much been reached, and I think NFL evaluators will feel the same. Great college player
Originally posted by btthepunk:
No Bernard?

Second rounder. It is tough to be a first round RB.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
McShay just said Tracy was his #6 RB.

I didn't watch too much college football but I did see Tracy against LSU and then in the BCS championship and the dude is a flat out beast. When I think of college football running backs I think of Tracy and then Oregon's Barner & Thomas.

Correct. Scouts, inc, which is fronted by McShay has him graded as the 6th best RB. However, I think NFL evaluators are going to look at the tape, and see, especially in the championship game, a guy who has a great combo of size, strength and elusiveness. He is also a full sized back, and can be a three down back. I see him as a riser
Originally posted by hofer36:
lane johnson not lance

My bad. Poor multi-tasking
Originally posted by jreff22:
Eifert has my vote.

Great TE class. Best in a long time
I'd like the Niners look for a new workhorse back and I don't really care what round 2-7 they take them in. Noticed that you don't have Montee Ball from as a 1st rounder and I feel a guy who runs hard, can catch and block would be a steal in round 2 or 3.
To me he is much like a Garrison Hearst type back.
Will we be able to find D-Line help in this draft?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
No Bernard?

Second rounder. It is tough to be a first round RB.

I could see Atlanta taking him. Their pick will 30-32 so it wouldn't be a bad pick. He might have the most potential of all the RB's this year.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
MD, what is your evaluation of Jonathan Jenkins. I've seen mixed reviews of him as UoG had trouble stopping the run.

Who do you rank higher, Jenkins or Brandon Williams

Good early in the game, but tends to fade late. Conditioning a major issue, and I think people might see a lack of motor to play at a high level in the next level. I think he ends up a high second rounder.

To me, Jenkins is the better prospect, but not by much.

I have to go with Brandon Williams.

Williams has been a dominant player--three year All American and D2 defensive player of the year last year.

The only knock on him is the level of competition he has faced.

The key will be how he does when going up against the big boys at the Senior Bowl.

I am betting that he does quite well.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM ]
Nobody cares about your weak ass draft projections maddog. You're not a scout. Go kick rocks.
Eifert has my vote.

Great TE class. Best in a long time
with Walker being a big ? and not much help outside of Crabs we need another guy....too many guys with major injuries right now IMO
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'd like the Niners look for a new workhorse back and I don't really care what round 2-7 they take them in. Noticed that you don't have Montee Ball from as a 1st rounder and I feel a guy who runs hard, can catch and block would be a steal in round 2 or 3.

Ball is probably a second rounder, although he could drop to the third. Lot of mileage on the kid already. Medical checks will be huge for him
with Walker being a big ? and not much help outside of Crabs we need another guy....too many guys with major injuries right now IMO

I see the team using a mid rounder on a TE.
Share 49ersWebzone