There are 151 users in the forums

MadDog's Early First Round Projection

Before bowl season begins, I wanted to post who I believe will end up first round selection in about 3 months. Should be a very defense focused first round.

2013 first rounders

QB
Geno Smith
EJ Manuel

RB
Eddie Lacy

TE
Tyler Eifert

WR
DeAndre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
Cordarrelle Petterson 

OT
Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher
Lane Johnson
DJ fluker

OG
Chance Warmack
Johnathan Cooper

DT
Star Lotulelei
Johnathan Hankins
Sharrif Floyd
Sheldon Richardson
Jesse Williams 

DE/Linebackers
Bjoern Werner
Dion Jordan
Demontre Moore
Sam Montgomery
Alex okafor
Ezekiel Ansah
Malliciah goodman
Jarvis jones
Barkevious Mingo
Manti te'o

S
Matt Elam

CB
Dee milliner
Xavier Rhodes
Johnthan banks

As always, the list is comprised of spelling landmines. Let me know if I butchered someone.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM ]
I just might not be familiar enough with the players but the skill positions projected in the early rounds this year seem to have as many question marks as I can remember.
Originally posted by natrone06:
I just might not be familiar enough with the players but the skill positions projected in the early rounds this year seem to have as many question marks as I can remember.

And that is why I see a deep run at DT, DE and hybrid backers. Solid OL and TE class, but outside of that, pretty much a mess.
MD, what is your evaluation of Jonathan Jenkins. I've seen mixed reviews of him as UoG had trouble stopping the run.

Who do you rank higher, Jenkins or Brandon Williams
[ Edited by Butter on Jan 12, 2013 at 6:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Butter:
MD, what is your evaluation of Jonathan Jenkins. I've seen mixed reviews of him as UoG had trouble stopping the run.

Who do you rank higher, Jenkins or Brandon Williams

I've been paying alot of attention to Jenkins. He'sreally strong. Prototypical NT. Demands the double team and he can beat the single block. He gave first rounder barrett Jones some trouble and Warmack had to help block him most of the game. He still split the double team. A couple of problems would be his aggressiveness. The finesse run blockers of bama were able to control his rush and the rbs would run outside of him right up the middle. I also question his conditioning and he needs to learn when to rush and when to control gaps. I like him more then Jesse Williams tho. Hes a true NT and i think we need someone who can pressure the middle for years to come. Jessr Williams feels like sopoago lite which is fine but if pass rush on dline is a problem then Johnathan Jenkins.
McShay just said Tracy was his #6 RB.

I didn't watch too much college football but I did see Tracy against LSU and then in the BCS championship and the dude is a flat out beast. When I think of college football running backs I think of Tracy and then Oregon's Barner & Thomas.
Malliciah goodman
edit* - add QB Manuel

These seem to be the only ones that elicit a ... but cool story, bro.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Jan 12, 2013 at 8:57 AM ]
Thanks MD.

Don't you feel Barret Jones will be a 1st round selection?
No Bernard?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I didn't watch too much college football but I did see Tracy against LSU and then in the BCS championship and the dude is a flat out beast. When I think of college football running backs I think of Tracy and then Oregon's Barner & Thomas.

I think you mean Lacy--Eddie Lacy.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Barner is trash. Way too soft and can't break tackles.
Originally posted by buck:
I think you mean Lacy--Eddie Lacy.

I like Tracy more.
Since 49ers will be picking dead last in the first round, who do you see them picking?
Eifert has my vote.
lane johnson not lance
Share 49ersWebzone