LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Eddie Lacy

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah, him and every single other RB from Alabama. Give me a break, most people's grandmothers could average about 4 yards a carry running behind an offensive line comprised entirely of future 1st and 2nd rounders.

He's been overrated beyond belief by some people. He struggled to even remain the starter on his own team. He's a mid 2nd-early 3rd rounder at this point. A lesser version of Mark Ingram.

He hasn't struggled to remain starter. Alabama runs a 2 back system and that freshman they have is going to be a high pick in the NFL as well.

I think he's closer to Ingram than Richardson but he seems to have very good vision. There was a time period were Miami produced Gore, McGahee, Portis, E James in a few year period. It's not unheard to have a factory of running backs.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah, him and every single other RB from Alabama. Give me a break, most people's grandmothers could average about 4 yards a carry running behind an offensive line comprised entirely of future 1st and 2nd rounders.

He's been overrated beyond belief by some people. He struggled to even remain the starter on his own team. He's a mid 2nd-early 3rd rounder at this point. A lesser version of Mark Ingram.

He hasn't struggled to remain starter. Alabama runs a 2 back system and that freshman they have is going to be a high pick in the NFL as well.

I think he's closer to Ingram than Richardson but he seems to have very good vision. There was a time period were Miami produced Gore, McGahee, Portis, E James in a few year period. It's not unheard to have a factory of running backs.

IMO Eddie Lacy is over rated. He is a power RB that will struggle in the NFL.

He doesn't get touched until his 3-4 yards down the LOS. If you watch him, he can take time to accelerate in the backfield and he sometimes hesitates in the backfield. It works because Alabama's O-Line is completely dominating the game. When he gets a full head of steam, he is definately difficult to bring down and he will be running through some linebackers at the NFL level. His lateral movement isn't that great as his hips are a bit of stiff and he loses a lot of speed when changing direction. He will get a lot of yards after contact. People big on him will say he could be the next Marshawn Lynch, dissenters will say he is the next BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Edit: When I say struggle I don't mean he will bust. He just won't be a top or elite RB.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM ]
If Lacy produced like Green-Ellis has throughout his career (especially his 30 rushing TDs in the last 3 years), I'd say that's worthy of a late 1st round pick. Especially when you can rotate his power/size with quicker, change-of-pace backs like Hunter and James. Plus, I think they both have really good vision as runners (BJGE and Lacy), but Lacy seems to be a much more explosive athlete. He also reminds more of a bigger version of Frank Gore, with his running style and low center of gravity (for a big back).

Overrated, probably...but still should be pretty effective in the NFL especially behind a power line like ours.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If Lacy produced like Green-Ellis has throughout his career (especially his 30 rushing TDs in the last 3 years), I'd say that's worthy of a late 1st round pick. Especially when you can rotate his power/size with quicker, change-of-pace backs like Hunter and James. Plus, I think they both have really good vision as runners (BJGE and Lacy), but Lacy seems to be a much more explosive athlete. He also reminds more of a bigger version of Frank Gore, with his running style and low center of gravity (for a big back).

Overrated, probably...but still should be pretty effective in the NFL especially behind a power line like ours.

Whoa dude that is how I feel about the whole assessment you just gave.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Whoa dude that is how I feel about the whole assessment you just gave.

Hmmm...not sure if you agree or disagree with me.
I'm reviving this thread......anybody think he would look good as second pick of second round? It's hard not to throw it out there!
Share 49ersWebzone