LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 179 users in the forums

Eddie Lacy

• jrg
  • Veteran
Dude is VERY impressive. Obviously the 49ers don't need him, but how high do you think he can go in the draft now that he has declared?

2nd-3rd.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude is a fkn beast. will be a top 5 pick. Basically a young, fresh Marshawn Lynch.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I'd say Lacy automatically becomes the #1 back on the board but the whole thing is none of the others were expected to go in the 1st to begin with. Given that bit of info I would think a team could get him right where Ingram was picked at or around the 28th pick.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if we took Lacy in the first.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dude is a fkn beast. will be a top 5 pick. Basically a young, fresh Marshawn Lynch.

Yeah, him and every single other RB from Alabama. Give me a break, most people's grandmothers could average about 4 yards a carry running behind an offensive line comprised entirely of future 1st and 2nd rounders.

He's been overrated beyond belief by some people. He struggled to even remain the starter on his own team. He's a mid 2nd-early 3rd rounder at this point. A lesser version of Mark Ingram.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah, him and every single other RB from Alabama. Give me a break, most people's grandmothers could average about 3 yards a carry running behind an offensive line comprised entirely of future 1st and 2nd rounders.

He's been overrated beyond belief by some people. He's a mid 2nd-early 3rd rounder at this point.

He averaged 5.3 and wouldnt he be running behind 3 1st rounders 1 2nd 2 4ths and 1 5th. I dont think hes a 1st rdr but hes definitely the nations #1 back.
Originally posted by eonblue:
He averaged 5.3 and wouldnt he be running behind 3 1st rounders 1 2nd 2 4ths and 1 5th. I dont think hes a 1st rdr but hes definitely the nations #1 back.

Still prefer Bernard over him. I don't think any RB in this draft is worth a 1st round pick honestly.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Still prefer Bernard over him. I don't think any RB in this draft is worth a 1st round pick honestly.

Thats what I said, Lacy is in the same boat as Mark Ingram. Some team at the back end of round 1 or top of round 2 is going to trade into the 25-30 range and make sure they snap him up.
  • titan
  • Veteran
2nd early 3rd would be my guess.

Well, they need someone to replace Jacobs and push Dixon. If he is the BPA then I think Baalke would take him.
This guy looks like an NFL RB to me. He reminds me of Frank Gore with the jump cuts and patient running.
i know what people are saying about running behind the bama O line and i do take that into consideration, but what i look at more is yards after contact. this dude gets hit and keeps on going; constantly breaking tackles. I would LOVE him with one of our 3rd rounders but i doubt he goes past mid 2nd. he's a MUCH better short yardage big back than dixon will ever be, and i dont mind carrying all 4 RB's if LMJ can replace Ginn as our returner.
I think he is really good. Feature NFL back. Not a home run hitter, but a one cut, between the tackles runner that runs through tackles and pushes forward.

Yeah, him and every single other RB from Alabama. Give me a break, most people's grandmothers could average about 4 yards a carry running behind an offensive line comprised entirely of future 1st and 2nd rounders.

He's been overrated beyond belief by some people. He struggled to even remain the starter on his own team. He's a mid 2nd-early 3rd rounder at this point. A lesser version of Mark Ingram.
this.
Share 49ersWebzone