There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

DJ Swearinger

Well he's a strong safety at the next level. That being said who's to say we don't draft this kid too. Whitner contract is up, and we want to be drafting before a player leaves this would be a good guy to grab, but we still have to grab a ball hawk for Fs and dline and tightend in this draft.
If the Niners picked Swearinger, I would not be disappointed. No matter what the workout numbers are, I put my trust in Baalke and the Niners scouting staff. Their evaluation is the only one that matters anyway.
It will happen. Book it
He's the safety I want.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
He's the safety I want.

It will seem like Goldson never left.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
He's the safety I want.

It will seem like Goldson never left.

Basically. I'll be honest and say that I don't watch college ball, so I'm only going off of youtube clips, but out of all the safties that I have watched, I enjoy his play the most. He plays the game with such violence and anger. He just doesn't give a f**k. He's set to kill. He's a 4 year starter as well as a captain. From what I've read he's also a very intelligent football player, being the one that lines up the defense.
Wouldn't be mad at us picking up DJ at all.

To be honest though, there such amazing depth at the S position this year that I don't see how we walk away from this draft without a starting safety for this year. If we pick a safety with one of our first 3 picks, witch I think we will, there should be absolutely no need to sign the old man woodson.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Wouldn't be mad at us picking up DJ at all.

To be honest though, there such amazing depth at the S position this year that I don't see how we walk away from this draft without a starting safety for this year. If we pick a safety with one of our first 3 picks, witch I think we will, there should be absolutely no need to sign the old man woodson.

Bingo. I said in the parking lot, I want:

31.Hunt
34.Ertz
61.Swearinger
Not claiming to be an expert but IMO he's a hard hitter, very physical, good against the run but is too slow for my liking even if he moved to SS. Most want Whitner out the door because of how bad he struggled in coverage last year but don't see Swearinger being any better. The days of the physical punishing run stopping SS are over. He better be able to cover (TE's especially) in today's game. Plus with the penalties these days it doesn't help Swearinger's case. I know one of the reasons people wanted Goldson out the door was because of that.
DJ Swearinger plays safety like Al Swearengen played Deadwood. Lets take him.
From Yahoo Sports..........

NFL Films' Greg Cosell writes South Carolina S D.J. Swearinger transitions "very well" to the NFL because of his positional versatility.

"He has significant experience at safety, both deep and in the box, slot corner and outside corner," Cosell writes. "He played man-to-man against Tennessee wide receiver Justin Hunter both outside and in the slot, and he ran with Hunter. You know what really stood out when he played man, especially over the slot; he understood how to play to his safety help over the top. He undercut routes, taking away the throwing lane for the quarterback. That's great awareness. I do not often see that with college defensive backs."

Make it happen, Baalke.