There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TommyFrazier 's "If Lacy declares" mock draft.

I highly doubt the Niners actually keep all these picks, but in a world where they do (in my head), this is how it plays out:

1 Margus Hunt DE 6'8" 280 SMU Risky pick, freakish upside, spells Cowboy and McDonald
2 Eddie Lacy RB 6'1" 220 Alabama Big Back in the Marshawn Lynch mold
3 Travis Kelce TE 6'6" 260 Cincinnati Big athletic receiving TE
3 (from CAR) Travis Frederick C 6'4" 338 Wisconsin Fills need…fits scheme
4 D.J. Swearinger S 6'0" 210 South Carolina Reminds me of young Donte Whitner actually
5 Quinton Patton WR 6'2" 195 Louisiana Tech Catches everything…get-open type WR for scrambler Kap
6 (from MIA) Tavarres King WR 6'1" 200 Georgia Big play WR…in the mold of Manningham
6 Collin Klein QB 6'5" 233 Kansas State Sturdy backup for Kap…good character kid
7 (from CAR) Anthony Rashad White DT 6'2" 330 Michigan State Flyer on NT
7 (from CIN) Greg Reid CB/RET 5'8" 188 Valdosta State Risk/reward player..ST Gunner/Returner, like him better than Mathieu
7 Ty Powell OLB 6'2" 260 Harding Flyer on pass rusher
Not bad....but I don't like the Colin Klien or Greg Reid pick. Klein is just another Tebow. Reid can't stay out of trouble, can't stay off of drugs, and has a torn ACL.
I dont personally think we will draft a QB.

I think we will bring in an UDFA for the practice squad, and roll with the two QB's on the active roster(Kaep/Tolzien).
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I think we will bring in an UDFA for the practice squad, and roll with the two QB's on the active roster(Kaep/Tolzien).

I agree. We need to and probably will get a low priced veteran (Josh Johnson ??), or someone like that. I like Klein, but not for us right now.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

I agree. We need to and probably will get a low priced veteran (Josh Johnson ??), or someone like that. I like Klein, but not for us right now.

I dont even think they will bring in a vet. I think they roll With kaep and Tolz on the active, and thats it. IMO im fine with that. That extra roster spot can go to someone who will contribute at the very least to special teams on gameday.
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I highly doubt the Niners actually keep all these picks, but in a world where they do (in my head), this is how it plays out:

1 Margus Hunt DE 6'8" 280 SMU Risky pick, freakish upside, spells Cowboy and McDonald
4 D.J. Swearinger S 6'0" 210 South Carolina Reminds me of young Donte Whitner actually
5 Quinton Patton WR 6'2" 195 Louisiana Tech Catches everything…get-open type WR for scrambler Kap
6 (from MIA) Tavarres King WR 6'1" 200 Georgia Big play WR…in the mold of Manningham
6 Collin Klein QB 6'5" 233 Kansas State Sturdy backup for Kap…good character kid
7 (from CIN) Greg Reid CB/RET 5'8" 188 Valdosta State Risk/reward player..ST Gunner/Returner, like him better than Mathieu

I love this draft. If I could borrow it and make my own, I would take Ertz and Taylor from Stanford at 2nd. and 3rd. , then get my NT at #3.., but like your draft tho, and wouldnt shed a tear if it happened.
I dont even think they will bring in a vet. I think they roll With kaep and Tolz on the active, and thats it. IMO im fine with that. That extra roster spot can go to someone who will contribute at the very least to special teams on gameday.

IDK, I mean that would be kool, but what happens if 1 of our QB's gets hurt, then we're in a disaster situation (look at Colts when Payton got hurt). Im all for saving a spot on the roster, but Im erring on the side of caution here.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
IDK, I mean that would be kool, but what happens if 1 of our QB's gets hurt, then we're in a disaster situation (look at Colts when Payton got hurt). Im all for saving a spot on the roster, but Im erring on the side of caution here.

I feel confident Tolz could take over if needed, and in the event that Kaep did go don we could then either elivate the rookie, or bring in some old vet sitting on his ass.

Tolz>Johnson or anyone that we would bring in at vet min. Lets face it, any team in the league is screwed if their #1 and #2 qb's goe down.
Lacy isn't to b declare. He wants to be 1rdr.
Klein sucks hard

So you are going to burn your top 32 pick on a Risky Player?? Insert in best NT/TE/3-4 DE that is non risky.
You are going to burn your top 64 pick on a RB who will not see too many snaps in 2013?? Insert in Lattimore with the compensatory 3rd or a 4th.
I like the rest of the draft except I would not draft Colin Klein. He is not in the pistol offense mode, he is more of a Tebow/Crouch mode.
MINGO
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Klein sucks hard

This. He is pretty bad. But the rest of the mock would work. Good stuff.
Originally posted by 9erred:

So you are going to burn your top 32 pick on a Risky Player?? Insert in best NT/TE/3-4 DE that is non risky.
You are going to burn your top 64 pick on a RB who will not see too many snaps in 2013?? Insert in Lattimore with the compensatory 3rd or a 4th.
I like the rest of the draft except I would not draft Colin Klein. He is not in the pistol offense mode, he is more of a Tebow/Crouch mode.

If the top three NT in this draft are gone by the time we draft in the first, i would personally take Hunt there as well, assumeing he is there.
Hunt would be a project but I think Tomsula could mold him into a good NFL player. Lacy is an intruiging prospect, but the Niners have a lot of RB's already and a second round pick is pretty high for an insurance pick. The Kelce pick and the Patton picks would be great additions to the receiving corps.

Don't mind picking a third QB, but Klein doesn't pass the ball well enough IMO to play at the next level. Nice mock.