Per Russ Lande (National Football Post) tweet
This made me want a sandwich.
Who cares
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
FYI its Matthews not Mathews
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who cares

If he were to enter, it would push someone else down the board. So to answer you question: Anyone interested in an LT, or drafting after where Matthews was projected to be drafted (top 10).
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who cares

If he were to enter, it would push someone else down the board. So to answer you question: Anyone interested in an LT, or drafting after where Matthews was projected to be drafted (top 10).

Where did you see this projection? I've seen him as high as the mid-teens but never top 10. His teammate, Joeckel, on the other hand, is a top 5-10 pick.
who?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
who?

Son of Oilers great and perennial Pro-Bowl OL Bruce Matthews, cousin of Clay Matthews and grandson of formers 49ers tackle Clay Matthews Sr.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 3, 2013 at 8:15 AM ]
I could see him as high as number seven to the Cardinals, so this is a blow to the draft. Looking to be the top OT off the board in next year's class, and a top 5 pick.
Smart move on his part unless he gets injured.
source was right
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I could see him as high as number seven to the Cardinals, so this is a blow to the draft. Looking to be the top OT off the board in next year's class, and a top 5 pick.

Him and Lewan both returning, major blow to the OT class.
luckily we don't need OT's in the first few rounds.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
luckily we don't need OT's in the first few rounds.

But what this means is that the 49ers might be less likely to get someone they wanted in the 1st round. Matthews and Lewan were two sure-fire Top 20 first rounders that will be replaced with other players now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
But what this means is that the 49ers might be less likely to get someone they wanted in the 1st round. Matthews and Lewan were two sure-fire Top 20 first rounders that will be replaced with other players now.

Exactly.