There are 140 users in the forums

Source: "Jake Mathews to stay in school"

I dont understqnd why either of thwm would choose college ball over the NFL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
luckily we don't need OT's in the first few rounds.

But what this means is that the 49ers might be less likely to get someone they wanted in the 1st round. Matthews and Lewan were two sure-fire Top 20 first rounders that will be replaced with other players now.

Guess they'll have to trade up for the guy they want.... I find it funny that we have all these picks in one of the weakest in recent history
Originally posted by AUniner:

But what this means is that the 49ers might be less likely to get someone they wanted in the 1st round. Matthews and Lewan were two sure-fire Top 20 first rounders that will be replaced with other players now.

Guess they'll have to trade up for the guy they want.... I find it funny that we have all these picks in one of the weakest in recent history

This draft is perfect for us, we don't need a superstar. Just guys to contribute solidly on the field. If we are to trade up, I would like to take Hankins or if we have enough balls get lotuleilei
Originally posted by gold49digger:

This draft is perfect for us, we don't need a superstar. Just guys to contribute solidly on the field. If we are to trade up, I would like to take Hankins or if we have enough balls get lotuleilei

I don't fully agree. Having all these picks to pick up depth is pointless when you have to cut half of them. I think we should def be looking to find another star on the DL & in the Secondary. Another star at WR/TE wouldn't go astray either same on OL.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I don't fully agree. Having all these picks to pick up depth is pointless when you have to cut half of them. I think we should def be looking to find another star on the DL & in the Secondary. Another star at WR/TE wouldn't go astray either same on OL.

I think the niners need to isolate what they need, and be willing to trade up into the top 100 picks to get it. This is a pick 30-100 draft and the talent is flat all the way from pick 1-30, no franchise qb's, very few franchise players.

That being said, I like the idea of paying the 1 million to keep the rights to Alex Smith for two weeks b4 his big salary is guaranteed. If they can trade Alex Smith, the Niners 4th and 6th round pick in 2013 for the KC chiefs 2nd, which is pick 33, that would set it up to have
1- 1st round pick
2a pick 33, great value spot, first pick on day two.
3a- Carolina
3b- niners pick
3c- compensatory pick (so we hope.

3 picks in the top 100
1A Best 3-4 DE
2A- TE
2- NT
3a Swing OT
3b- cb
3c-WR
Share 49ersWebzone