LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Tajh Boyd to KC #1 overall!!!

I happen to think Boyd is the best candidate to go #1 overall if KC chooses a qb. After tonight's game and really his season, he has to be number one. Boyd has done what Geno Smith never did, and that's beat an SEC team on prime time. Congrats to Boyd "my freakin quarterback". U guys may laugh right now, but come draft day, Boyd could very well be the first player selected.

http://video.theacc.com/2001199961001/Tajh-Boyds-Thoughts-About-Entering-The-NFL-Draft/videos
LOL...You need to put down the clumpson kool aid. Boyd is a good QB but not #1 overall. If he is...thats saying a whole lot about the talent level of this class.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
...............Overreaction? Boyd is a game manager with 2 of the best WRs in the country, same with Barkley, same with Geno. Pretty much the top 3 WR tandems in the country were at those schools.
I think Boyd is the next Troy Smith.
Originally posted by sfout:
...............Overreaction? Boyd is a game manager with 2 of the best WRs in the country, same with Barkley, same with Geno. Pretty much the top 3 WR tandems in the country were at those schools.

Lol game manager. Not even close, dude.

Don't get me wrong, Boyd needs to come back for his senior season and work on some things, but calling him a game manager is just as stupid as saying he's a #1 overall pick.
Hey you never know, cray s**t happens in this league.
One good game against a good team does not equal a #1 pick. Boyd is very talented, but inconsistent.
The first pick of the 6th round.
Wrong guy rising. Look for a guy like EJ Manuel to make a rise into the first round, not Boyd.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Wrong guy rising. Look for a guy like EJ Manuel to make a rise into the first round, not Boyd.

Who is your favorite qb in this class?

who?

And i thought jacksonville had the #1 pick?
Geno Smith.

But Mike Glennon is shooting up recently
You know your opinion is very well respected around here mad dog. But I just don't see it. Boyd reminds me of McNabb while Manuel reminds me of Culpepper. Manuel had just not taken that next step. While Boyd also seems to be more athletic and instinctual.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Who is your favorite qb in this class?

I think Geno Smith is the best in this class, but I think EJ Manuel may be the best value pick, as I think he will end up being a Late first rounder and starter in year one, and a pretty good player in the NFL. The guy to watch out for is Brad Sorensen of Southern Utah. I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes best QB in this draft class. I think he is a starter within three years.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
Yeah I think your off on your qb ratings. But well find out in another four months who goes higher, and further down the road on who turns out better. As of right now
1. Boyd
2. Murray
3. Manuel

Geno Smith is just all hype and nothing more.
Share 49ersWebzone