There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WRs in the 2013 draft

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He managed to stay upright long enough to put up about 130 yards on them.

Meanwhile Calvin Johnson had like 40 yards. How much stronger do WR's get than him? Do they need to be bigger than him too, because obviously he couldn't outmuscle Sherman or Browner.

All the calvin johnson stat proves is that evwn the leagues largest are having problems with larger CB. The hawks lost that game too.

Welkers an expert route runner with the most capable play caller changing his routes just because he had a good game doesnt mean every 5 10 quick guy is the secret weapon.

The fact is a large wr makes man coverage much harder to run. Im not disagreeing with you I just think we need a big and strong WR to make the offense more dynamic. Kaep likes to chunk it lets get someone who can fight for it.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000095794/Scout-s-take-Top-WR-prospects
Oklahoma's Justin Brown is someone to keep an eye on tonight. One of the top punt returners in the Big 12, he's got plenty of size and speed to make plays in the passing game too. Reminds me a lot of Josh Morgan (not sure if that's good or bad).
Would love to draft Swope and get him in the slot.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Me too he would be a great late value pick we can spend time developing.
Gotta admit I like what I see from Justin Brown.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Gotta admit I like what I see from Justin Brown.

Guy got lucky to go to a top flight program after the Penn State scandal. He's got talent though, thats for sure.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I'm looking for an impact player in the WR position. No more role players! I remember at one point we had 2s and 3s on our team, I felt bad for Gore.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Him and Crabtree would make an amazing pair, it would be hard to stop us on 3rd downs.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
just copied my post from the "bowl watch" thread but here are 2 sleeper prospects for us to watch and why

The only assistant we lost after last season was Offensive Quality Control Coach and former NFL WR Bobby Engram who left to become Pittsburgh's WR Coach. Whether its a coincidence or not both of Pittsburgh's starting WRs had seasons just shy of 1,000 yards each and combined for 9 TDs, all of this with mediocre QB play. Expect us to take a long look at Devin Street and Mike Shanahan as day 2 or day 3 WRs. We scouted Pitt at least twice this season.
My favorite, and should be available when we pick is Cordarrell Patterson of Tenn., if he comes out. I'm betting he will be better in the Pros than his teammate Justin Hunter and think he could replace Ginn on kickoffs. Set a new Tenn record for total yardage. 6"3 205. Curious to see how fast he runs at the combine.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Born49R:
My favorite, and should be available when we pick is Cordarrell Patterson of Tenn., if he comes out. I'm betting he will be better in the Pros than his teammate Justin Hunter and think he could replace Ginn on kickoffs. Set a new Tenn record for total yardage. 6"3 205. Curious to see how fast he runs at the combine.

Earlier in the thread someone stated he is lazy and runs terrible routes. He'd be another player that TRULY needs to sit and develop just like Jenkins.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Born49R:

Earlier in the thread someone stated he is lazy and runs terrible routes. He'd be another player that TRULY needs to sit and develop just like Jenkins.
I missed it but, nearly all WR need two to three years to be productive. I just think if he passes the teams character tests and isn't a 4.6 or slower guy his upside is high and he could help immediately on kickoffs.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Not really true anymore! Plenty of RC that came in and are very productive.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
Not really true anymore! Plenty of RC that came in and are very productive.

RC?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home