There are 245 users in the forums

WRs in the 2013 draft

It's so sad that we're back here a year later discussing the same thing.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Totaly agree our FO has continually struggled to put together an elite WR group that can stay and gel together and create good chemistry.

This year there is no excuse even if they can't create cap space for a top FA WR Cordarrelle Patterson is the complete package and is exactly what the 49ers need. He's ranked #1 WR by most analyst's...with 14 picks and the Smith trade still to come they better not screw it up.

I can not think of a trade that would allow us to move up and draft Cordarrelle Patterson.

If he is ranked #1, and I do believe he is, we wall have to trade up to get at least pick 15.

Can you outline a trade that would allow us to draft him?

Got a feeling Patterson emerges as the first WR off the board, and maybe the only first round WR. Also, think we will see some of these mid rounders make as much noise or more than the early selectees. Really like the idea of Marquise Goodwin on this roster if he could slide to the late second.
  • buck
  • Veteran
More food for thought

Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter led the FBS in "clutch reception percentage" in 2012, with 76.7%.

This means 56 of Hunter's 73 receptions either went for a first down or touchdown. Other draftable receivers on the list include Oklahoma's Kenny Stills (73.5%), Oregon State's Markus Wheaton (71.1%), Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins (70.7%), and Baylor's Terrance Williams (66.0%).
Source: John Pollard on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23410/tenn-wr-hunter-led-fbs-in-clutch-percentage

I'd be happy with any of the 3 Tennessee WRs!
Bumping this thread now that the combine is happening and there's more to talk about with all the WR prospects.

I still like Patterson, but Hopkins, Patton, and Woods are growing on me.
this. any three of these guys or deandre hopkins, and tavon austin. I just love austin as a slot reciever...he could beat out jenkins, ginn, williams and whoever.

my favorite of all 3 though is justin hunter
I want Josh Boyce in the mid rounds. Focuse on D-Line/Secondary early on.

He doesn't have the size we want, but I'm not sure we can grab a WR with size and expect much unless we take one early. Don't really see many WRs with size that I like that will be around later.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'd be happy with any of the 3 Tennessee WRs!

Yeah, I'm with Pat. I'd be stoked with any of those guys.
Have you seen the new DeAndre Hopkins video.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/former-clemson-receiver-deandre-hopkins-makes-33-consecutive-213401923--ncaaf.html

I WANT ONE OF THOSE BIG TE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: LOVE JUSTIN HUNTER AND COBI HAMILTON
[ Edited by Magzarillious on Feb 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM ]
I say we see what happens with Jenkins this year, remember we still have Williams and Manningham plus we aren't the Detroit Lions. I think with our picks we have we could easily get Marquis Lee from SC in next year's draft.
Hunter has the size and speed this team needs at WR and compliment Crabtree well. Other than Patterson and probably Austin, if Baalke sees a can't miss WR he should be able to nab him if he wants. Going to be one hell of an offseason.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Got a feeling Patterson emerges as the first WR off the board, and maybe the only first round WR. Also, think we will see some of these mid rounders make as much noise or more than the early selectees. Really like the idea of Marquise Goodwin on this roster if he could slide to the late second.

Goodwin to me is all track guy trying to run in a helmet and pads, dude struggled in the combine locating the ball. Give me someone who can run good routes and constantly gets open and not someone who just depends on speed
Originally posted by jimrat:
Watching LSU vs Clemson and DeAndre Hopkins looks like a beast and would love to see him in a 49er uniform if he comes out.

+1
Share 49ersWebzone