There are 693 users in the forums
Quick top 20 mock
Dec 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,106
Looks good, but I see EJ Manual and Mike Glennon as 1st rd QBs over Tyler Wilson, who is a 2nd rd guy for me.
Dec 31, 2012 at 2:55 PM
- nickbradley
- Member
- Posts: 3,755
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Looks good, but I see EJ Manual and Mike Glennon as 1st rd QBs over Tyler Wilson, who is a 2nd rd guy for me.
Glennon yes, Manuel no
Dec 31, 2012 at 3:24 PM
- Nick515
- Veteran
- Posts: 21
I hope the Niners get a chance at Keenan Allen.
Dec 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM
- SunDevilNiner79
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 61,651
Manuel will outperform Wilson at the Senior Bowl, book it
Dec 31, 2012 at 6:30 PM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
I love it because Hunt and Ansah are still on the board. Trade up, Baalke!!!
Dec 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM
- MadDog49er
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 19,400
Originally posted by nickbradley:looks like a terrible, 2005-esque draft at the top. I'm sure KC would prefer to trade for alex smith
Order Team Player Position School Reason
1 Kansas City Geno Smith QB West Virginia Chiefs need a Quarterback. It's a weak year, but Smith has the measurables and the IQ of a #1 overall pick. I bet they'd prefer to trade down and take Glennon or something
2 Jacksonville Jarvis Jones DE/OLB Georgia I'd take a QB, but it's a weak, weak year. I think Jones is as good a prospect as Von Miller
3 Oakland Damontre Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M Terrible Pass Rush and secondary. Too high to take Dee Milliner at CB
4 Philadelphia Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M Perhaps the best player in the draft, the Eagles fill their biggest need
5 Detroit Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame Makes their defense a lot better - gives them leadership
6 Cleveland Dee Milliner CB Alabama Tandem shutdown corners
7 Arizona Taylor Lewan OT Michigan duh. Kolb and a FA will compete next year. Maybe a QB in the 2nd round?
8 Buffalo Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas The Fitzpatrick experiment is over
9 NY Jets Star Lotulelei DT Utah BPA
10 Tennessee Bjoern Werner DE Florida State BPA
11 San Diego Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU coaching will fix the offense; the D is looking sharp!
12 Miami Keenan Allen WR Cal Weapon for Tannehill
13 Tampa Bay Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State huge need
14 Carolina Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State get stronger up the middle
15 New Orleans Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri no brainer
16 St. Louis Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M Protection for Bradford
17 Pittsburgh Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon Replaces James Harrison
18 Dallas Chance Warmack OG Alabama Elite G prospect
19 NY Giants Kenny Vaccaro S Texas Big Need
20 Chicago Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia replaces Ulracher
Thanks for your work. Here is how I see it
1. KC- Joeckel- best player in draft. Winston costs KC 5.9 million in 2013
2. Jax- Jones.
3. Oakland- Geno Smith- Palmer has 13.3 mill due in 2013.
4. Philadelphia- Star Lotulelei- need an OT, get a star. Pair him up with Fletcher Cox. Cullen Jenkins in decline
5. Detroit- Werner- Measurables will be off the charts. The only question is where the play him, at DE or linebacker.
Dec 31, 2012 at 8:50 PM
- gold49digger
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,720
I think more qbs will be drafted than we think. Half of the top 20 needs a qb and depending on how the senior bowl, combines, and pro bowls workout, we might see a ponder like reach.
Jan 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM
- MadDog49er
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 19,400
Originally posted by gold49digger:I think more qbs will be drafted than we think. Half of the top 20 needs a qb and depending on how the senior bowl, combines, and pro bowls workout, we might see a ponder like reach.
There will be a fair amount of QB's taken in the draft, but not sure more than three in the first round, Here is how I see it breaking down
1. KC- makes a huge play for Alex Smith. The Chiefs return a solid OL, especially if Hudson returns to health and they draft Luke Joeckel. They don't need Smith to tear up defenses, but direct an offense efficiently. I think they end up with Smith.
2. Jax- all signs lead to the signing of Tim Tebow, who ends up competing with Gabbert for the starting job. Draft a QB outside the first round.
3. Raiders- with Palmer's cap numbers, I thnk they have to go QB, and Geno Smith is the call.
4. Philadelphia- I think the Eagles go with Nick Foles for 2013 and draft a mid-rounder to backup.
5. Detroit- no
6.. Cleveland- think they stick with Weeden for year two and draft a mid-rounder.
7. Arizona- if Reid goes there, competition between Kolb and Vick.
8. Buffalo- I think they end up with Matt Flynn. And draft another mid-rounder to compete
9. Jets- Since Ryan appears Ro be staying, I think cooler heads will prevail in NY and the team opens a three way competetion for the starter next year between Sanchez, McElroy, and a second or third rounder.
10. Tennessee- betting Locker gets another shot, but with competition from a mid rounder
11. SD- no
12. Miami- no
13. TB- maybe a mid rounder, but I think Freeman gets another shot
14. Carolina- no
15. NO- no
16. Rams- no
17. Pittsburgh- no
18. Dallas- no
19. Giants- no
20. Chicago- no
I think the area where we might see movement is in the back 5-10 spots of the first round, where some of the teams who did not want to burn a high first will take a chance on a late first by trading up. Guys like Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel, Matt Barkley, Zac Dysert, Mike Glennon might be risers who make a rush into the first round like Weeden did last year.