Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He is 6-2 285 lbs with a frame to go up to 290lbs by the look of him. Ray McDonald is 6'3, Ricky is 6'3. Velano is about the same size as them with some off-season training.
And the operative word was could 
6'2" sounds iffy, I've seen him listed anywhere from 6 feet to 6 foot 2...usually reality splits the difference. At the combine I predict he'll be just a bit shy of 6'1". One of the knocks against him is that he's basically a guy without a position in the pro's, too small to be a 3-4 DE, not enough weight to be a 4-3 DT although I do predict he'll likely have an easier time gaining weight than he will gaining height.
For a 3-4 DE, I want a guy like Justin, who does have terrific size, 6'4" or better, someone with the height and length to bat down passes at the line of scrimmage....etc.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]