There are 195 users in the forums

AB's 1st Colloaborative Mock Draft of the Draft Season- Discussion Only

Not the ideal remaining options for Detroit here... but there's no doubt they need a CB upgrade on the other side of Chris Houston. Jarvis Jones was considered.. but a risky pick for a team that could use a really safe option at this point. I also considered Sam Montgomery.. like him that much.. but even I found that to be a reach at # 5.
@Philly

So does Fletcher Cox move over to DE? He had a pretty good rookie year. Having Star and Fletcher would be pretty great for them.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
@Philly

So does Fletcher Cox move over to DE? He had a pretty good rookie year. Having Star and Fletcher would be pretty great for them.

Yes,

RDE- Cox
LDE- Jenkins
NT- Lotulelei

OLB's- Graham and Cole
ILB- Kendricks/ Unknown

I dont think ryans will hack it next to Kendricks at ILB, so the needs of the front seven would be ILB, and OLB. Like i said i could see them running a 3-4/4-3 hybrid until the personel is complete to run the 3-4 full time.

There is still FA as well so all positions would not need to be addressed through the draft.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yes,

RDE- Cox
LDE- Jenkins
NT- Lotulelei

OLB's- Graham and Cole
ILB- Kendricks/ Unknown

I dont think ryans will hack it next to Kendricks at ILB, so the needs of the front seven would be ILB, and OLB. Like i said i could see them running a 3-4/4-3 hybrid until the personel is complete to run the 3-4 full time.

There is still FA as well so all positions would not need to be addressed through the draft.

Im really hoping Chip can make something happen. On paper the Eagles have one of the best roster. Especially on D. Theres some really good OLB/DE hybrids on the market this year too. I dont knoe if bringing any big name FA would be the smartest idea because I think the biggest problem was the pre-madonna attitude of some of the players but it would be nice to see the Eagles start playing to there potential.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Yes,

RDE- Cox
LDE- Jenkins
NT- Lotulelei

OLB's- Graham and Cole
ILB- Kendricks/ Unknown

Im really hoping Chip can make something happen. On paper the Eagles have one of the best roster. Especially on D. Theres some really good OLB/DE hybrids on the market this year too. I dont knoe if bringing any big name FA would be the smartest idea because I think the biggest problem was the pre-madonna attitude of some of the players but it would be nice to see the Eagles start playing to there potential.

Yea i think the big question mark if they do switch to the 3-4 would be at ILB and finding someone to play inside next to Kendricks, and then weather or not the OLB's could hold up, and adding some depth to that position. LB's ould be the early concern after drafting star. But like i said, if the ran a hybrid, star could easily make contributions on the line in a 4-3 as well untill they made the fulltime switch.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Geno Smith was very tempting for me at #7, but the O-line is despicable. Cardinals draft the next Joe Staley.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Geno Smith was very tempting for me at #7, but the O-line is despicable. Cardinals draft the next Joe Staley.

I think adressing the oline is a solid choice.
So the Jets have a new GM in John Idzik who is a hybrid salary cap guru/player evaluator. He is stuck with Sanchez's salary next year and needs to think about building after 2013. That being said the Jets have selected defense the last 2 years. 2nd round looks to be the sweet spot for QB selection this year which is why they select the BPA on the board: Chance Warmack
Miami looks to be loosing one starting CB and being in the pass happy AFC East the elect to solidify the backfield with Johnthan Banks. With 2 picks in the 2nd round they should be looking at the plethora of WR options that should be available.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Miami looks to be loosing one starting CB and being in the pass happy AFC East the elect to solidify the backfield with Johnthan Banks. With 2 picks in the 2nd round they should be looking at the plethora of WR options that should be available.

It's a good pick, they traded Vontae Davis, and Sean Smith is a FA to be, so CB is a huge need, if they don't get a CB in FA. And Banks has potential to be a Pro Bowl CB IMO. I have him, Poyer and Milliner in my top 3 CBs in the draft.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Assuming the following:

- Jake Long is signed as the new LT for the Rams
- Danny A. is resigned

Manti Te'o was BPA on my board in this spot. He'll play at OLB in the 4-3 or ILB in the 3-4, depending on the scheme. Watch out Willis and Bowman, you now have some competition.
Assuming the following:

- Danny A. is resigned

Manti Te'o was BPA on my board in this spot. He'll play at OLB in the 4-3 or ILB in the 3-4, depending on the scheme. Watch out Willis and Bowman, you now have some competition.

They better resign Jake him and Brockers are going to be eating olines for breakfast for a long time. Manti Teo would be a great fit. Their defense is going to be scary.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Assuming the following:

- Danny A. is resigned

They better resign Jake him and Brockers are going to be eating olines for breakfast for a long time. Manti Teo would be a great fit. Their defense is going to be scary.

Stop posting in the draft thread man, Thats what this thread is for.

As far as Manti, i dont think this is a good fit, and i think he ends up falling much farther than this.
Stop posting in the draft thread man, Thats what this thread is for.

As far as Manti, i dont think this is a good fit, and i think he ends up falling much farther than this.

Yea I figured that out. Sorry.

Idk I think it could solidify their front 7 for the next couple of years. Laurinitis-Teo Long-Brockers. They have a drop off at OLB. I think hes pretty good at that pick too. Maybe an Olinemen but still I think its solid.
Anyone wanting to move up to cincy pick? I know the two players on my radar but would consider moving back a few spots.
Share 49ersWebzone