LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

AB's 1st Colloaborative Mock Draft of the Draft Season- Discussion Only

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Wasnt trying to be a dick communist.
I am too happy to beat you right now
Just a hint: usually I am one of those guys who want to speed up a zone draft ;) I managed my relocation in the last days, without a car and help. Just with my hands and a lot of boxes (and the mailing service)....that's why I was offline for such a long period.
Originally posted by communist:
Wasnt trying to be a dick communist.
I am too happy to beat you right now
Just a hint: usually I am one of those guys who want to speed up a zone draft ;) I managed my relocation in the last days, without a car and help. Just with my hands and a lot of boxes (and the mailing service)....that's why I was offline for such a long period.

Cool so u know how it goes. Yeah yeah much love go 49ers!
Anyone like that pick? David bahktiari to baltimore. They need a good young tackle now.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Recap the 49ers draft:

Jesse Williams - NT/DE - Alabama
*Stout defensive linemen that will occupy blockers and plug rushing lanes. Similar frame to Haloti Ngata, but not as much agile, Williams will rotate at DE and NT.

Jonathan Cryprien - S/CB - FIU
*With Goldson potentially franchised again and Whitner entering his last year, we need to draft a replacement for one of them. Cryprien is rising on many draft boards because his ball hawk and tackling ability. Ideally, he would replace Whitner as he has proved to be a liability in coverage.

Maintained draft picks even after moving up to select Williams.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Anyone like that pick? David bahktiari to baltimore. They need a good young tackle now.

It's a good move as there isn't much security at LT.
Lets get this last round going.
Finishing out the three round mock, philly selects Robert Alford.

Philly addresses their biggest need this offseason by revamping the defense.

1. Star Lotulelei NT
2. Phillip Thomas S
3. Robert Alford CB

Philly fans IMO would and should be extremely happy with an early draft like this.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
who said that this will be the last round?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Finishing out the three round mock, philly selects Robert Alford.

Philly addresses their biggest need this offseason by revamping the defense.

1. Star Lotulelei NT
2. Phillip Thomas S
3. Robert Alford CB

Philly fans IMO would and should be extremely happy with an early draft like this.

That's a great draft. A lot of talent for Billy Davis to utilize in the 3-4 D.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Arizona's Draft Results:

R1: Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan (#2 OT in the draft)

R2: Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas (nitty gritty QB, tough as nails, natural leader)

R3: Travis Frederick - OG/C - Wisconsin (blue chip center prospect that can also play guard)

f**k Baltimore, I think you should have let the time expire without picking,
Originally posted by communist:
who said that this will be the last round?

I was assumeing it was a three round mock.
So close to the end ghost where are u?
The redskins address their secondary.

Recap
2. David Amerson- CB
3. J.J. Wilcox- S

The Texans reinforce the right side of the offensive line with Menelik Lawson of FSU. He's only been playing football for 4 years but this kid is a stud. His stock hasn't broke the 2nd round because he lacks the skill to beat the edge rushers. But it's not because he lacks the ability he just isn't comfortable yet in the position. This video is a great example. He's above average in zone blocks and pulling. He was a basketball player at FSU and it shows. Hes super athletic and has great footwork but he just doesn't know how to beat the edge rushers YET. I have no doubt he will learn and playing the strongside will make it easier as the rush generally comes from the weakside. This pick is very solid.
[ Edited by eonblue on Feb 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone