LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 143 users in the forums

AB's 1st Colloaborative Mock Draft of the Draft Season- Discussion Only

Originally posted by GEEK:
Sorry for the delay.

I picked Ezekiel Ansah for the Seahawks. With Clemons getting up there in age, the tandem of Ansah and Irvin will be the future pass rushers for the team.

Ansah can also play a variety of positions. I'm picturing a lot of mixed looks out of this D, similar to the Giants during their peak D years.

Don't forget Clemons tore his ACL, so he won't be 100% by training camp, and maybe opening day, it happened a few weeks ago.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Sorry for the delay.

I picked Ezekiel Ansah for the Seahawks. With Clemons getting up there in age, the tandem of Ansah and Irvin will be the future pass rushers for the team.

Ansah can also play a variety of positions. I'm picturing a lot of mixed looks out of this D, similar to the Giants during their peak D years.

Don't forget Clemons tore his ACL, so he won't be 100% by training camp, and maybe opening day, it happened a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the reminder - another reason to draft a DE/DT hybrid early.
The Vikings and 49ers have agreed to another trade.

The Vikings give the 49ers back their 2013 # 94 overall selection + also agree on a 2014 conditional draft pick

for :

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
The Vikings and 49ers have agreed to another trade.

The Vikings give the 49ers back their 2013 # 94 overall selection + also agree on a 2014 conditional draft pick

for :

Confirmed
Ogletree is one of my favorite players, he is a good fit for the Bears.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Sorry for the delay.

Hope that does not happen.

Ansah is probably the most versatile player in this draft. He can play standing up. He's really athletic so he could drop into coverage to confuse the offense. He's not done growing either so before it's all said and done he's probably going to e around 285 when he's peaking. This guys physique is going to be overwhelming. I watched a game and he lined up on the center and beat him so they had to pull the guard over and he was still able to bounce off that block to cover his gaps. He's my most favorite player in the draft. I should've picked him for the Colts but they run a 3-4 and I didn't know where he would fit.
Dangit I really liked him.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM ]
why would the vikings trade for smith when they already have him on their roster. good trade for niners in this draft though but really makes know sense in reality
Broncos are willing to trade down. You've got about 10 hours to submit your offers.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM ]

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
why would the vikings trade for smith when they already have him on their roster. good trade for niners in this draft though but really makes know sense in reality

Alex Smith >>>>> Christian Ponder

If MN adds a few WR weapons in free agency (Jennings or Bowe + Draft Pick), and beefs up their O-line, then they will have a team similar to the 49ers. Strong running game, stout O-line, and an efficient passing game.

Their D is strong already, so balancing the offense makes sense.
Falcons are really tough to pick for, you got the Baker situation, Gonzalez retiring, RB production fell off, D-Line pick ups in the past haven't panned out.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Adding Smith does 2 things. The addition puts Ponder on notice that he will need to fight for his job.. because he has been underwhelming. The addition also gives the Vikings 2 quarterbacks worth keeping on their roster.

At this point in time, Smith is definitely >>>>> Ponder. What else could the Vikes do with that # 94 pick that would make them a better team than to address the glaring QB issues?

Anyway... This mock really needs to have time-slots.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Falcons are really tough to pick for, you got the Baker situation, Gonzalez retiring, RB production fell off, D-Line pick ups in the past haven't panned out.

If I were Atlanta, I'd look to go BPA on TE, RDE, and OT... maybe RB, but probably not until a bit later.
You don't think that ATL has more issues in the other side of the ball???
Share 49ersWebzone