LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

#1priority is Dline help!!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Margus hunt had a great bowl game. I think it was sheritan bowl but if anyone wanted some good footage that would be a good game to watch. Hes a little light at 280 so he would need to bulk up but this guy is championship disk thrower and shot put. He knows how to stay healthy. I dont know if this is crazy but i could see him at olb like aldon in his first couple of years.

He'll be 26 years old when the 2013 season starts. My worry is that he's extremely raw and by the time he fully develops, he'll be on the brink of 30.

pierce holt was 26 when niners drafted him and was a great player
Originally posted by eonblue:
Margus hunt had a great bowl game. I think it was sheritan bowl but if anyone wanted some good footage that would be a good game to watch. Hes a little light at 280 so he would need to bulk up but this guy is championship disk thrower and shot put. He knows how to stay healthy. I dont know if this is crazy but i could see him at olb like aldon in his first couple of years.

He'll shoot up the boards like Watt did. He's 6-8, 280lbs, runs 4.7, and will bench ~35 times. On paper he's a top ten pick. After his dominance in the Hawaii Bowl, he not going to fly under the radar anymore.

If we could manage to get our hands on Ansah (OLB) or Hunt (DE) I'd be happy.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:07 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
pierce holt was 26 when niners drafted him and was a great player

Your definition of great must be applied fairly loosely, if Holt was a great player then Andre Carter is absolute Hall of Fame material. Holt was a solid player, not spectacular, with a relatively short career.
Agree w/Phoenix on Holt. Kevin f*gen was another "solid" guy along the same lines.

A stud DE or NT would help out a great deal - especially in an effective rotation.

Maybe trade Alex straight up to an AFC team for one of those positions. I have no idea who'd be available.
I think were in the perfect position to pick up the late round stud but I wonder if we.could move up in the 2nd and pick him up. (I really want Xavier.Rhodes in thé 1st. This kid is a blanket.) Who do you guys think would b around at.the end b of v the 2nd to mid 2nd considering that we might trade up?
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM ]
May I suggest merging the discussion with this thread?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/168942-2013-defensive-tackle-prospects/
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
We need to draft at SS or FS. please....

I think we're fine for a while with Goldson and Witner.
I really like Goldson because he is very impress for defense around and hit hard and else everythings. Much better cuz i liked it. Whitner is nope talent around and bad to read the offense.. Idiot to plays when i nocited it. I'm not interested in Whitner!!
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think we're fine for a while with Goldson and Witner.

I don't think I can agree. For all his physical play and the good things he does, Whitner has been absolutely toasted in coverage at times this year and teams have gone after his area of the field with a vengeance. I'd like to see the 49ers bring in someone more suited to play free safety, a centerfielder/ballhawk type of guy, and then move Goldson to strong safety and let him roam around and hit people like crazy while still being solid in coverage.

One of the biggest draft regrets I have is that the 49ers passed up on Earl Thomas for Anthony Davis. As much as Davis has improved, getting a ballhawking, franchise free safety is a lot more difficult than a quality starting right tackle.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think I can agree. For all his physical play and the good things he does, Whitner has been absolutely toasted in coverage at times this year and teams have gone after his area of the field with a vengeance. I'd like to see the 49ers bring in someone more suited to play free safety, a centerfielder/ballhawk type of guy, and then move Goldson to strong safety and let him roam around and hit people like crazy while still being solid in coverage.

One of the biggest draft regrets I have is that the 49ers passed up on Earl Thomas for Anthony Davis. As much as Davis has improved, getting a ballhawking, franchise free safety is a lot more difficult than a quality starting right tackle.

I completely agree with this. In fact, that was my point in this previous thread:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/169338-saftey-upgrades/

The Niners have a great defense, but the last couple of games have exposed some glaring needs to upgrade. Getting a ball hawking FS like Earl Thomas would force the QB to pause an extra second or so, which can give the front seven another moment to convert a QB hurry into a sack.
Share 49ersWebzone