LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

2013 Defensive Line Prospects (DE, DT, and NT)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/DT

One guy I'm keeping an eye on is Tennessee DT Daniel McCullers (6'6, 360). His nickname is "The Green Mile." He could be a nice project for DL Coach Jim Tomsula?

[ Edited by PTulini on Nov 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM ]
That is a really big guy. I haven't seen one Tennessee game this year though.
Sylvester Williams woot
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Sylvester Williams woot

You know what people will say if we draft another D-lineman from UNC.
Nice Pick!

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Sylvester Williams woot

You know what people will say if we draft another D-lineman from UNC.

why'd you have to bring that quitter up!!! IMO we need to draft D-Line, TE & CB early in next years draft.

/Thread
All of these players could potentially be there when we pick in the 1st round...

Sheldon Richardson 3-4 DE Mizzou

Sharrif Floyd 3-4 DE Florida

Kawann Short 3-4 DE Purdue

John Jenkins NT Georgia

Sylvester Williams NT/3-4 DE UNC
I would love to draft John Jenkins or Kawann Short.

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM ]

John Jenkins vs. Barrett Jones was interesting. Looked like Jones kept Jenkins quiet most of that game.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
If I had to rank them right now....

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. John Jenkins Ohio State
4. Sharif Floyd
5. Kawann Short
6. John Jenkins Georgia
7. Sylvester Williams

As a Ute fan I would kill to have us end of Lotulelei somehow but a Julio Jones style trade up for a damn NT???? Who would ever do that?!?!?! That being said I hope we go back to the same water well that brought us Aldon and take Richardson if we can. Then OSU Jenkins and Floyd get the nod after that.
Originally posted by sfout:
If I had to rank them right now....

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. John Jenkins Ohio State
4. Sharif Floyd
5. Kawann Short
6. John Jenkins Georgia
7. Sylvester Williams

As a Ute fan I would kill to have us end of Lotulelei somehow but a Julio Jones style trade up for a damn NT???? Who would ever do that?!?!?! That being said I hope we go back to the same water well that brought us Aldon and take Richardson if we can. Then OSU Jenkins and Floyd get the nod after that.
This exactly.
Everyone appears to be forgetting Jesse Williams from Alabama 6' 4" 320 lbs. Kid played tough in the SEC Title Game and also is used by Saban as a lead blocker in short yardage/goal line like Will Tukuafu. He could be available in the late first round and would be a great addition IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Everyone appears to be forgetting Jesse Williams from Alabama 6' 4" 320 lbs. Kid played tough in the SEC Title Game and also is used by Saban as a lead blocker in short yardage/goal line like Will Tukuafu. He could be available in the late first round and would be a great addition IMO.

I do forget about him but I'd still put him behind John Jenkins from OSU in my rankings. Alabama is stacked defensively so its hardly to evaluate a player like that, especially because the few Alabama games I've seen the RBs have trucked Alabama.
Share 49ersWebzone